...And Don't Forget To Breathe review by A Static Lullaby

• Released: Jan 28, 2003
A Static Lullaby: ...And Don't Forget To Breathe

Well overall I like the sound ASL produces because they can be be singing one minute then screaming the other. The drumming to this album is amazing the beats really make the singer and guitars stand out. The bass is also amazing example would be the verse bass lines on "lipgloss and letdown". The guitars are also pretty good the best guitars are either on "Charred Fields Of Snow" or "The Shooting Star That Destroyed Us". The sound in general strays away from the typical sing scream formula. The screams in "Charred Fields Of Snow" are not only unsettling but bloodcurdling.

The singer is amazing, he manages to make the songs not sound all whiny but manages to capture the raw emotion. The lyrics most deal with heartache but don't they don't sound all hawthorne heights. Songs like "Lipgloss And Letdown" have some pretty sad likes like "and I'm sorry that you cried so hard darling, I'll never hurt you again". The whole opening verse to A shooting star that destroyed us is amazing. Deff one of the best lyrics I heard in a long time.

Even though they scream and sing they don't repeat the sing scream formula so many bands these day live by. They match it up and it's awesome the screams are awesome the singing is tight. If this was stolen /lost I'd deff go out and by it again what I don't like about this band is the fact that they released a perfect debut but failed to deliver with Faso Latido.

FinderofNemo
    I liked a couple songs off Faso Latido but yeah it was crap. I like their new album a lot more (probably because I'm one of those new ASL fans but whatever) but I love this one.
    SearchTheSkies
    Fas latido was mediocre album this and s/t were great. i really havent heard stuff from rattlesnake yet
    andrewjf
    Don't you know that Phil sang "A Sip of Wine Chased With Cyanide"?, he sings a lot of parts in other songs too. but this is a one of ASL's best albums, but i think they topped this one with "Rattlesnake!"