Rattlesnake review by A Static Lullaby

• Released: Sep 9, 2008
A Static Lullaby: Rattlesnake

A Static Lullaby are back with their 4th release "Rattlesnake!". This is their 3rd album produced by Steve Evetts and their first as a four-piece with Guitarist/Vocalist John Martinez leaving before entering the studio. Firstly A Static Lullaby showcase their heavier and southern side which reminds me much of Every Time I Die. Though they have a different 'feel' about them they still have the catchy riffs and the scream/sing routine. Also the bassist Dane Poppin really shows off his skills with a lot of bass fills that fit well with the ripping guitars.

The lyrics are much darker than previous releases and hasn't got every song singing about heart break and love loss which falls in the same category as every other post-hardcore band but they some songs they tend to go back to there old ways lyrical wise which isn't a bad thing. Vocally, both Joe Brown and Dan Arnold have improved immensely with the screaming sounding as good as it can get and clean singing is very memorable and I can't seem to get it out of my head. Also Greg Puciato (Dillinger Escape Plan) lends his vocals which create a diverse sound.

Many fans won't appreciate the change in sound but most will welcome it with the different but catchy sound which A Static Lullaby have been known to be through out the years. My Favourite songs off the album would be Morning Would Come, Aller Au Diable, The Prestige and the rest of them I love them all. The Whole of "Rattlesnake" I enjoy (especially there cover of Britany Spears "Toxic") the fast-paced songs and Killer guitar and bass riffs but the one thing that kind of bothers me is that they have yet to find their own sound and sometimes be unoriginal and borrow sounds of other bands but I still can't get enough of the album. If it were stolen I would go bash the guy who stole it and buy him a copy!

andrewjf
    i love A Static Lullaby. And this record isnt my favorite of all 4, but its 2nd place.every ASL album is great, yes i think i am the only one who enjoyed Faso Latido, but i dont care its something different. and i think they ARE original. especially there 1st album wich is still my favorite album by them.
    ismellfunny13
    I actually enjoy all there albums but this might sound weird but my least favourite was there first album