Rattlesnake review by A Static Lullaby

• Released: Sep 9, 2008
A Static Lullaby: Rattlesnake

A Static Lullaby are back, and better than ever. This is their fourth release, and this one, in my opinion, is their best release. The guitar riffs are absolutely rediculous, which is a great thing. Dan's voice didn't really need improvement, but you can tell that he stepped his singing up. Joe's scream in this album is the best I've heard from him. I think that ASL fans will definetly welcome in this new style, where just about every song is a pure outburst of energy and adreneline. I never get tired of listening to any of the 11 songs. Where their last album got boring after the first 4 songs, every song on this album is well written, and it's just a blast to listen to. Another thing that stands out to me on this record, is that Joe takes over on singing duties more, where a lot of the songs Dan sings the chorus, while Joe sings most of the verses. And they made it work, it's a great balance of vocals.

The lyrics on this album are more profound, and listening to all the songs, I get the feeling that "Rattlesnake!" definetly captures the band's life, and has more of a concept to it than the last albums, that seems were just a bunch of songs. But these lyrics are very well written, and interesting. Joe went all out on the lyrics and his screaming, and it has paid off. Songs like "Rattlesnake!", "The Pledge", "The Turn", and "Everybody's Got A Lil Fonz N' Em" are very well thought out, and keeps me listening. The overall lyrics are catchy, but at the same time, have a heart-felt meaning and concept behind them. This is probably their best work, and I think fans will love it.

This album is not like the others, most of the songs are more fast paced, but then they have the calmer sounds, which ASL tends to do in their music, which isn't a bad thing. This is the first release from them that has received a Parental Advisory warning. I think they have re-defined the genre "Post-Hardcore" and is definelty one of the greatest and original Post-Hardcore bands out there today. The most impressive song to me is "Everybody's Got A Lil Fonz N' Em", it has a metal-like feeling to it, and it was a great way to end the album. But their cover of Brittny Spears' "Toxic" is amazing, ASL always does great covers. I love everything about this album, from the lyrics, to the singing/screaming combo, to the energetic guitar riffs, this album is definetly flawless. A burst of energy is expected within every song, and I can't get enough of it, it's inspiring. If I lost this album I'd lose my mind until I bought another copy, I might just go out and buy another so I won't have that chance!

fartsyjoe420
    i like this album equally as much as the rest of their albums (besides faso latido... wow that sucked) very consistent band. (other than faso latido... wow that sucked.) good album
    landspeed24
    faso latido was a great album, and this one is right up there with it, you suck fartsyjoe420, go blaze and dream about making an album 1/100 as good.
    elleild
    I Personally think faso latido was pretty good but the rest is awesome!