Virtue Has Few Friends review by A Thousand Times Repent

• Released: Mar 11, 2008
A Thousand Times Repent: Virtue Has Few Friends

What a great Album. Good production with great full sounding guitar and drums. Each Song stands out and has 'special moments' that make them unique. Reminds me very much of Whitechapel in terms of musicianship. The music itself is not particularly innovative, but it is solid. I find myself listening to them more than many other deathcore bands because of their solid balance of groove and technicality.

It's difficult to understand the lyrics in this genre, but the singer (or screamer) is skilled. If you look up the lyrics or read them in the album insert you'll be impressed with the complexity of issues that are addressed on the album. I think that this is a Christian band, but they would be enjoyed by anyone who has gone through struggles or things like that.

This definitely is comparative to other artists in this genre. Like I said before, this band reminds me a lot of Whitechapel. The best song on the album is the first, titled "Curses! Another Shape-Shifting Wraith!" The band has interesting song titles. I love the whole album. It is solid and is an overall strong release. I would recommend this to anybody who likes breakdowns and good riffing. The only thing I don't like about the CD is that it is so short. I'd buy it again, probably on iTunes or something because it was really difficult to find it in stores.