10:49 Review

Aaron Williams And The Hoodoo: 10:49
Released: Aug 16, 2011
Genre: Blues Rock
Label: Self-released
These guys are breathing fresh life into the Blues Genre. Staying very true to their live sound, "10:49" is a huge step up from their first CD "It Aint Easy".
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
10:49 Reviewed by: downthebarrel, on september 21, 2011

Sound: My impression of The Hoodoo's sound is when you close your eyes and listen you say this is how blues should sound! This CD brings me back to the first time I went to see these guys play, the opening song "Boom Boom" you hear Aaron's cigar box slide and then Z and the Shackman come in and give the song so much texture its hard to believe a 3 piece band can have such a huge sound, it's more than enough to send shivers down your spine. Staying very true to their live sound, "10:49" is a huge step up from their first CD "It Aint Easy", are these guys the first creating a new style of the music? No, but they are Breathing fresh life into the Blues Genre. // 9

Lyrics: Aaron has a voice that is made for the blues and compliments the band perfectly, given the fact that sometimes you miss what is being sung about because you are drawn to something else in the song it is just part of the charm that is blues music plus with tracks sang by Eric Shackelford (Drums) and "Z" (Bass). They leave you saying how can they top the next song and even repeating songs multiple times. From humorous tracks like "Red Headed Women" to more serious tracks like "Devil's Playground" there's a little bit of music for whatever mood your in. // 8

Overall Impression: Some of more impressive tracks the "10:49" album are "Boom Boom", "10:49", and "Devil's Playground", what I love about these songs is that if you've seen these guys play live they stay very true to there live sound nothings over produced to the point were they couldn't play specific parts live. With the internet overtaking the way we buy music I barley buy actual CDs anymore but if this album were to go MIA I would have no problems replacing it in a heartbeat. // 10

Comments