Geeving review by Abandon All Ships

• Released: Oct 5, 2010
Abandon All Ships: Geeving

When I first listened to this album I was thrown completely off guard. While this sound is not very innovative (attack attack have done this sound before AAS) it is by far the most accessible of the "tracecore" sound so far. Yes there is plenty of auto-tune for any rock/punk/metal purists to bitch about, but compared to other mainstream bands I find that the auto-tune used quite tastefully compared to the likes of say everyone else who's used it, and I makes me think that martin broda (abandon all ships clean vocalist and bassist) might have a good singing voice. I did feel however that the album was a little overproduced compared to their debut EP. This is most obviously seen with frontman Angelo Aita's vocals as they seem to follow a distinct pattern. The guitar-work is pretty basic but it's also quite heavy.

The Lyrics were a little confusing to me. In one verse there are lyrics that are really Christianity oriented. And in another verse (yes this can happen in the same song) they talk about "not giving a f--k". But somehow It works... Really well.

This is defiantly one of the most unique albums I've listened to. And I reccomend it to anyone looking to crossover from electronica over to hard rock or metalcore. I just wish the album was a bit longer (the length is only 33 minutes, I've listened to black flag albums that were longer than this) and there was one really bad song on it that was pure pop it was called "strange love" this was obviously filler. The Best track on this disc was "Megawacko 2.1". And if I ever lost this disk I would buy it again and I intend on buying this bands next album... If anything to see if they can improve on this sound.

vppark2
    Sam Rulez D00d wrote: amonamarthmetal wrote: im canadian and i dont like this band, they have a couple good parts in their songs but i dont like a full song by them. just just have one part in all their songs that sucks, ill stick with better bands that have the same sounds like we came as romans if you think WCAR is good, go check out The Color Morale, or Our Last Night. you'll be blown away
    our last night is amazing!
    henrywrover
    I love this band. Really hate how 99.9% of Ultimate Guitar users completely oppose the use of dance-techno-deubstep whatever the hell is used in songs. ABANDON ALL SHIPS!!