'74 Jailbreak review by AC/DC

• Released: Jun 14, 1976
AC/DC: '74 Jailbreak

The album starts off with "Jailbreak," A tough rock n' roll song.It has a smooth sound that flows nicely. The guitar is a dominant booming force in this song. The next track is, "You aint got a hold on me", which is a song that has a very catchy sound to it. Its solo sounds somewhat like a Tony Iommi solo, static and feedback. The third track is called, "Show Buisness", which sounds like 50's rock with a catchy rythmic riff.It also has a nice Jerry Garcia-like solo. The fourth track is called,"Soul Stripper."Its bass seems to follow every moment of the song with the samebeat.Good song for showing off Angus's skill. The final song is called, "Baby, please don't go". It has an exciting burst of rock n' roll energy in it. The main riff is the kind of riff you long to learn to play. This song is originally written by Big Joe Williams, a hero of the band. Overall on sound, awesome.

The lyrics wreak of the saying, "sex, drugs and rock and roll". It has that second sexual meaning inits songs that many AC/DC songs carry. The music fits well with the lyrics, and at some points it seems Angus's guitar is echoing Bon's powerful vocals. Bon's vocals in this album show his true passion for rock n' roll.

'74 Jailbreak was actually released in 1984 to celebrate the band's tenth year and to pay homage to the late Bon Scott. Fans enjoy it because it had that old AC/DC sound that took AC/DC back to their roots. I would say this is one of AC/DC's greatest accomplishments and that this album is definitely worth more than some of the new stuff coming out. The album climax's at "Jailbreak" and "Show Business". If I lost this album I would buy it again. If you want a great rock album, though it is only five songs, I recommend '74 Jailbreak.