'74 Jailbreak review by AC/DC

• Released: Jun 14, 1976
AC/DC: '74 Jailbreak

This album has that raw sound AC/DC are famous for. It's that raw early days sound that started it all. It features songs that were previously unreleased to North America and Europe too. My personal fav. from this album is Soul Stripper. This one is different as Malcolm is playing the lead parts and not Angus. The intro is killer. It doesen't end there either. The raw and coordinated guitars of Angus and Malcolm are present in every song, and the familiar vocals on Bon Scott. You know, High Voltage Rock And Roll, that's it, but you could say that about all stuff AC/DC. Only 5 songs, but they're killer.

What do I think about the lyrics? Excellent. Sex, drugs, rock and roll. That's it, that's all. Don't smack your head open with that go behind the lyrics stuff, feel what they really mean, what they're really trying to say. It's very basic, straight forward. About Jailbreak, I think it's pretty much a fun song. Maybe an inside joke or something, or about something we don't know about, that's the most complicated the lyrics on this album will get. The rest is straight forward rock and roll.

This is a great album, but I do have one complaint that will lower the score just a bit. You probably guessed it already, but it's the lack of songs. It's not even half an hour long. One that I would have loved to hear on this album is a song called Rock in Peace, from Dirty Deeds. Download it, now. It would have fit in perfectly. It was never released outside of Australia. There's a few others they could have chosen too. Despite it's lack of songs, it's a very good album. I bought it on sale, and don't regret it. If it was lost or stolen, I don't know if I would buy it again, but I don't regret the decision of buying it.

MaggaraMarine
    livewire76 wrote: Intro to "soul stripper" is worth the money alone! And its not angus on lead.. Its Mal!!
    It's both of them in the lead. The first solo is by Angus and the longer solo in the middle of the song is by both of them.
    Lachstar666
    '74 Jailbreak is a true rock n' roll album, Songs like jailbreak, show buisness, soul stripper and baby please don't go are the real down right catchy tunes, AC/DC forever!