AC/DC Live review by AC/DC

• Released: Oct 27, 1992
  • Reviewer's score: 5.7 Decent
AC/DC: AC/DC Live

This album's not bad. It was taken from the "Monsters In Moscow" concert back in '92. However, AC/DC proved to be one of the biggest disappointments from that show for me (and one of the lousiest acts in my opinion). Angus is of course ace in this performance, like most. However, the rest of the band seems bored. A lot of the songs on the set-list are classic anthems and are generally alright to listen to from time to time. Brian Johnson however, really takes away from the general performances for me and really proved that he's not qualified to be the lead singer for AC/DC.

I never liked Brian Johnson. Screaming his ass off like there's no tomorrow and never actually pulling off a decent vocal line. He never compared to Bon Scott in my honest opinion, and never will. In this performance, he does alright on his own songs, but really ruins the ones that were originally done by Bon. And for that reason alone, I really dislike a lot of this live preformance. If I'm not mistaken, he even messe up a few of the words on some songs, truly unprofessional.

This album's ok, but doesn't compare to any albums done with Bon Scott (even the live one). I like the "For Those About To Rock" finale the most, and the "Whole Lotta Rosie" was ok too (minus the vocals of course). I dislike the majority of this album, so you can be sure that I wouldn't replace it if lost/stolen. In fact, I would encourage someone to steal it from me, because I don't think I'd be succesful at selling it at a garage sale!

Kain_Doom01
    I bought my 2 disk version in florida XD This album is one of the BEST ones of all time, the BEST live album was "If you Want blood You got It" Bon Scott live is a REAL show man
    jac_murphy
    Amazing album. My biggest complaint, though, is that Brian has almost completely lost the upper register of his voice, and many of his early songs (Back in Black-era) suffer for it. Singing Bon's stuff, he sounds just fine.
    Spartan 117
    ac/dc's live tone in the early days was so much better. this sound isn't as good.