Back in Black review by AC/DC

• Released: Jul 25, 1980
AC/DC: Back in Black

It's over 25 years old but it's got its own clarity and determination. Nothing sounds like this album. It's got a flow of its own. A steady rhythmic movement. Every pick, beat and yell is made with full confidence. I can't think of any other album where the solos are so important and musical. In places, Angus can play the same 3 notes for bars but drive you wild with the rhythms alone, before going off on some epic tangent and back again. It saunters, struts and jabs then does all 3 at once. After an estimated 10,000 playings I am already bored with this album.

Lyrics are where they have to be. Bang on time. Brian doesn't outstay his welcome at all. Emotion comes straight across. I want to have a drink on him. Even the screams are parfait. I don't like Brian live but in the studio he has always been imacculate.

It's unique (although 'For Those About To Rock' is a decent extension). If you've got 20 years to spare then maybe it's worth buying. Maybe years of discussion and praise will be its downfall. If someone stole my copy I'd fall over and laugh. If someone stole my enjoyment of it I'd fucking kill them. Honestly.