Back in Black review by AC/DC

• Released: Jul 25, 1980
AC/DC: Back in Black

AC/DC are one of my personal favourite bands and Back In Black was the first album I bought and I was blown away. Back In Black is the first album they did with out Bon Scott as their front man. Hell, Brian Johnson was a good replacement the album really rocks. The best tracks are Back In Black, What Do You Do For Money Honey and Have A Drink On Me. As ever the solos by Angus young rule, they really symbolise classic rock for me.

The lyrics of this album are so cool especially back in black. Brian Johnson continues the AC/DC tradition of throwing out the lyrics in a voice that turns heads. The intro to Back In Black is one of the most well known along with Smoke On The Water and Stairway. Johnson's voice is similar to Bon Scots in that it has the same power. However, in my point of view the lyrics are not as good as those in the previous album Highway To Hell.

Back In Black is a classic '70s rock album from the '80s but hell its still great rock, so all in all I think its good album maybe not as good as highway to hell but it still a damn good rock album. So if I lost this album I would probably go out and buy another, for sentimental reasons and because it kicks ass.