Back in Black review by AC/DC

• Released: Jul 25, 1980
AC/DC: Back in Black

I love the band's clean-but-heavy-as-hell approach. I first heard Back In Black when I was about 6-7 years old. When I first heard the tile track "Back In Black" that was the beginning of my AC/DC fan base. I knew I would be listening to this album as I grew up. I love Malcolm's crushing rhythm sections, Cliff's thumping bass sections, Brian's thrashing, aggressive vocals, Phil's pounding drums, and Angus' great soloing and leads. The entire album was dedicated to Bon Scott, the band's former past-deceased vocalist before this album was made (the song "Back In Black's" lyrics) from the lyrics to the album cover.

Sex, alcohol, and kickin' ass. The lyrics pretty much exude Rock N Roll and its lifestyle. But don't forget the album was meant as a dedication to Bon Scott. I love Brian's voice on this record, probably better than any of the other CD's, at least in my opinion (I think on the Razor's Edge Brian sounds like he wore his voice out after all the years of those agressive vocals). I love the song "Givin' The Dog A Bone." The lyrics got me laughing from the start. If you can guess what he's talking about, you'll be laughin' too.

The entire feel of this album was just like you could sleep in the groove that AC/DC created on this record. It was almost scary. For example, "Hells Bells," just that opening A riff is frightening when Brian is singing over it. Another song, "Let Me Put My Love Into You," for example. The opening riff is just terrifying with the thumping bass playing the low E under the rest of Angus and Malcolm's guitars. I would definitely buy this CD again because I have been listening to it my entire life, I grew up with it. This is a truly great rock album that I think everyone should have in their collection.