Ballbreaker review by AC/DC

• Released: Sep 26, 1995
  • Reviewer's score: 5.7 Decent
AC/DC: Ballbreaker

If there's one reason I don't like this album, it's because AC/DC make less use of their musical talents than in the others. Brian as a singer and a songwriter wasn't very alert in this album. Most of the songs are either about sex or beer, and the tone is pretty much the same throughout all the songs. Angus was laid back too. He relies a lot on the choruses, playing them for the most part of the song. I do have to compliment on his solos though; they were very rough and a lot more bluesy than most I've heard from him. However, I didn't get the overall impression that They had a lot of fun performing these songs because of their laid back nature.

As I mentioned before, the general content of all the songs was sex and beer. By this point in their career, they were starting to slow down, and probably thought the best way to get back on their feet was to sing about things everyone could relate to-sex and booze. Needless to say, I was not impressed.

Ballbreaker was definitely one of AC/DC's worser albums. Even though it didn't give me the acdc rush that comes with the other albums, this is a good album (at least it's better tahn fallout boy or something). The best songs were Hard As A Rock, The Furor, Burnin' Alive, Hail Caeser, and Ballbreaker. The one song I persnally didn't like was Whskey on the Rocks (my friend Jacob says it's the only good song, though). If my precious Ballbreaker (or axis: Bold As Love, or Back In black, or The Black Album, Kill 'Em All, Master Of Puppets, Follow The Reaper, or any of my CD's besides Presto or OU812, as amatter of fact) were to be stolen, I would buy it again (I got mine for $3 at halfpricebooks) and then I would go kick the thief's ass.

big_d
    orange_juice
    big_d : I'm gonna comment on the guy above me:Ok so if you are stupid enough to loose an acdc album or cd(for people who got the newer version of bon fire)here is what you do.This may totaly piss off an old friend but just steel his,and if he don't have one than he aint your friend.Or you could just go buy one,no no but truly if your stupid enough to lose an acdc cd or album just sit in your room and go think about what you have just done,then ground yourself.Is that under stood!!
    spoken like a true fan.
    angusrokks
    if sum1 stole my acdc album i wud hunt them down personally and threaten them with there life!!
    suicidehummer
    Orange Juice: Do not say that. Angus never said that. If you played guitar, you would know that all of their songs are very different.
    gdavid
    hey who said that it is heavy Melat ? lol .. AC/DC is rock'n'roll band who erote that Heavy Metal ?
    orange_juice
    it's very easy to lose an acdc album. they have so many frikin albums that all sound basically the same. and for those that don't agree, angus young admits all the albums sound the same. ac/dc rocks, but they ran out of ideas after like.. 5 years.