Black Ice review by AC/DC

• Released: Oct 20, 2008
AC/DC: Black Ice

AC/DC's new album was impressive consindering that they have been tossed aside from the "new music" talk. The recording technology has improved a lot since their last album, so that helps a lot with the sound and static. The most impressive thing that I noticed was that Cliff Williams (bassist) was much easier to hear. And I liked tthat. There was also not as much static in the background as well.

The lyrics are great. A little on the bad side, but that's what hard rock and metal is all about! The lyrics goes hand in hand with the music. Brian Johnson's voice isn't so much singing as it is screaming... Sort of like both. And that just makes it AC/DC. His skills are great considering that he has to get that screaming/scratching sound and get the vocals on pitch.

It is one of the greatest albums of AC/DC... But aren't they all? Don't let the Wal - Mart endorsement discorage you. Just because some big "Box" store supports a hard rock/metal band doesn't that it sucks. Here are my favorite songs of the album: 01. Rock 'N Roll Train 02. Skies On Fire 03. Big Jack 04. Anything Goes 05. War Machine 06. Smash 'N Grab 07. Spoilin' For a Fight 08. Wheels 09. Decibel 10. Stormy May Day 11. She Likes Rock 'N Roll 12. Money Made 13. Rock N Roll Dream 14. Rocking All the Way 15. Black Ice Or you can just say that I like all of them.

thatkidcharlie
    `` ♫ AC/DC♫ copy ♪ ROCKS4 ♫ `` and paste ♫ LIFE ♪ if youagree yeah this is a great album
    frethappy
    While transcribing some stuff from that album, I discovered that the guitar playing is not as simple as some of the previous albums. It seems like Angus has grown musically in the past 8 years.
    deathcorps666
    At first when I heard that ACDC had a new album I though, "Geez, there is only so many ways that you can play the same 4 chords." Don't get me wrong, ACDC kicks ass and always will, but Angus seemed like he could only play four chords. (Angus or Malcom, whichever.) But I got this cd, Angus has come a long way. Another great album in the bag for these guys.
    rocknroll93
    everybody is saying that stormy may day (my fave track) sounds like led Zep to me it sounds alot loke george thorogood. that could just be because it is in G.... Damn that open G tuning...
    sven_svensk
    i'm a huge acdc fan, but this album is mediocre.. the worst part of it is the production which is awful compared to stiff upper lip.. the guitar sounds reminds me of something recorded from line6 spider amp or something, i'm not a fan of brians vocals either he sounds too wimpy here..
    livewire76
    Raijouta wrote: I am so sick of people calling all the guitar work Angus's. The RHYTHM is written by Malcolm Young, not Angus - I believe Angus only writes the solos with several exceptions. I just wish Malcolm could get more credit as he's probably my favorite rhythm guitarist ever.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!! At last someone with a clue as to who is the REAL brains of the band. Malcolm! And my guitar idol, bar none.
    daniel dickey
    I Got The Black Ice Album The Day It Came Out In OCtober 2008 and i still listen to it everyday! Rock N Roll Train in my eyes is an easily comparable song to hits such as Back In Black and Highway To Hell! AC/DC are the greatest band ever and are masters of rock music!
    pyrogod
    Ac/Dc are gods fave songs war machine anything goes and rock and roll train