Black Ice review by AC/DC

• Released: Oct 20, 2008
AC/DC: Black Ice

The latest AC/DC album has come across differently, As compared to earlier albums. AC/DC has been know to sound Raw, and Live. As opposed to single recording studio work. Black Ice has definitely had some computer touch ups, to improve quality, but has not altered the the actual recording. It's also noticeable that everyone except Brian Johnson has written an intro for a song. It has also played heavily on using stereo mode, and this has come to affect the sound, But in a positive way. My Dad bought the album for me on launch day, and a friend has given me an internal booklet, signed by Angus Young Himself. I gave this to my Dad, Who now has the booklet framed on His office wall.

The lyrics have come across as mesmerising and cut a deep mood into you. They have been worked into the music very well, and fit like so. Brian keeps to the pace and tone of the music very well and has recorded his own backing vocals for the song. The lyrics Actually make sense, unlike a lot of things these days. So I was pretty pleased. Brian hasn't lost it. None of them have.

I feel that Black Ice is a pretty essential album to own, Meaning that it is one that everyone should have. It would be worth replacing for the sheer quality and pride of it. Some of the songs that have hit me as particularly good were Skies On Fire, Anything Goes, Smash And Grab, Wheels and She Likes Rock And Roll. They all have a certain tone to them that will make you smile when you first hear them. The only thing that I dislike about the Album is that you could almost pass it off as a new band. This isn't the AC/DC that I grew up with, nor is it my favourite album. I think that the album itself is a worthy contender, and that if it wasn't AC/DC, it still would have sold as well as it did.