Family Jewels [DVD] review by AC/DC

• Released: Mar 29, 2005
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 8
AC/DC: Family Jewels [DVD]

The two disc Family Jewels is a must own DVD for any AC/DC fan. (For only ten bucks). Their sound is lengendary, and Sony went to great lengths to retore that sound from the '70s. It truly is DVD quality. You will be thunderstruck the first minute you watch Family Jewels and listen to their raw live unparralled power.

Content — 8
The content of the clips and footage are great. The Bon clips have great picture and sound. It's great to see over 20 videos with Bon that capture his unprecedented charisma onstage. Some clips are those seen with the CD connected feature. It's cool that they included the whole Fly On The Wall video, but why didn't they include the Live In Paris? They could have included some extra content besides the video but for ten bucks I'm not complaining.

Production Quality — 8
The overall quality of the video is excellent. The video's with Bon are definetly better, and not as corny as the video's with Brian.

The overall value of this DVD is excellent. The Bon clips are worth the ten dollars. The video and sound are superb. As any fan would know a chance to see AC/DC on TV is an extremly rare occurance. For the masters of Dirty Deeds to comprise a two disc set of rare footage and sell it for ten bucks is something that you need to take advantage of. The only thing I hate about it is the lack of extra content and they left some of my favorite songs out. (Bad boy boogie). If some idiot would steal this I would first hunt him down and beat him then buy a new copy.