Family Jewels [DVD] review by AC/DC

• Released: Mar 29, 2005
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 10
AC/DC: Family Jewels [DVD]

For those of you who haven't heard AC/DC they have a very interesting sound. As soon as you hear them you can tell they were around in the '70s and '80s but they're a little different from the normal. They have a very high pitched guitar sound, a semi-high bass and the vocals are interesting somewhat with a English accent and some American.

Content — 9
This 2 DVD set is better than any DVDs AC/DC has ever done before. It has a lot more of their hits than their others. I must say that I'm surprised that it doesn't have Razor's Edge. Other than that I would have to say this set is very good. It has a lot of good videos and in concert recordings. A lot of this has also never been released so there is a lot of stuff many AC/DC fans havent seen. In total the set is 2 and a half hours long and also includes a complete discography. I recommend this to anyone who likes the band.

Production Quality — 10
The production is pretty high quality especially figuring most of the videos were from the '70s and '80s and most of it is in color but there are a few black and white.

This is a very good set from the band. If it was stolen I'd beat down the person who did it and if it was messed up I'd buy another.