Family Jewels [DVD] review by AC/DC

• Released: Mar 29, 2005
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 10
AC/DC: Family Jewels [DVD]

The sound quality is excellent. I have had no problems with it. You can hear everything. It's just the classic, heavy rockin' AC/DC that we all know and love.

Content — 9
40 songs on 2 discs. A "best of" collection. First disc contains videos of all Bon Scott. Second disc is all Brian Johnson (personally, I like Scott better). It's definietly cool to see some of the Bon Scott videos that you would never see (most of which are live performances). There's lots of good songs. Almost all of the hits are there. A couple of songs aren't there, though (The Jack, Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be, and a few others). The second disc also has a discography. All in all, it's really awesome.

Production Quality — 10
Very good. The styles were all top-of-the-line at the time of the video creation. Sure it's not great now, but they didn't have this crazy stuff we have now back then. So we deal with what we get. Still, it is excellent. No problems.

This is an excellent DVD for any AC/DC fan. It really gives the fan a good look at the early years of AC/DC with Bon Scott in it (something that isn't seen very often). Overall, it is just an excellent DVD to own, especially if you like AC/DC.