Family Jewels [DVD] review by AC/DC

• Released: Mar 29, 2005
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
AC/DC: Family Jewels [DVD]

The sound in this DVD is very good. Except in TNT the solo is faded out a bit but besides that is very good. There live performances also sound good and it sounds like the same on previous dvds. The only way to listen to it is to have it at full bore.

Content — 10
Family Jewels dedicates one disc to the Bon Scott Era and the other disc to the Brian Johnson Era. In the first disc there are plenty of AC/DC hits such as TNT, Dirty Deeds, Highway To Hell, Whole Lotta Rosie and many more. On the second disc there aren't as many live film clips compared to the first one but nonetheless it is still chockerblock full of good songs. Songs include: Thunderstruck, Who Made Who, Back In Black, Hells Bells and Moneytalks.

Production Quality — 10
I really like the Jailbreak film clip on the first disc, it doesn't have the best special effects but it really is really fun film clip. I really like the Thunderstruck film clip with all the people hanging off the balconys cheering. I also love the It's A Long Way To The Top film clip in which they they are riding on truck down the streets of Sydney or Melbourne, not quite sure which.

This probably doesn't to other AC/DC DVDs because it has a good mixture of live performances and film clips. I really love how the AC/DC boys went about on stage and the energy they put into it. I love everything about this DVD there is really nothing wrong with it. If it got stolen or I lost it I would buy it again or stealit off my mates.

M.B.MetalTabber
    Its dissapointing that the BIG GUn video isn't on there - people aren't going to buy 'the last action hero' just for a f*****g music video, even if it is AC/DC!
    acdcofadown
    yea, where the hell is Ballbreaker and SUL? It was released 5 years after SUL, so what the hell.