Family Jewels [DVD] Review

artist: AC/DC date: 04/25/2008 category: compact discs
AC/DC: Family Jewels [DVD]
Released: March 29, 2005
This is a superb collection of Bon Scott period songs. The audio on both discs is superb beyond belief. Some things never change and some things never should. Both of these apply to ACDC who never compromised on the hard rockin' founding principles of the band.
 Content: 8.9
 Production Quality: 8.7
 8.8
 9.3
 8.2
Family Jewels [DVD] Reviewed by: dooda, on january 03, 2006

Sound: The sound in this DVD is very good. Except in TNT the solo is faded out a bit but besides that is very good. There live performances also sound good and it sounds like the same on previous dvds. The only way to listen to it is to have it at full bore. // 10

Overall Impression: This probably doesn't to other AC/DC DVDs because it has a good mixture of live performances and film clips. I really love how the AC/DC boys went about on stage and the energy they put into it. I love everything about this DVD there is really nothing wrong with it. If it got stolen or I lost it I would buy it again or stealit off my mates. // 10

Family Jewels [DVD] Reviewed by: AC/DCrocker13, on april 29, 2005

Sound: The sound on this has to be one of the best yet on Hells Bells & and Back In Black are a little scratchy. The DVD is pretty much a time line through it which is cool yet at the beginning there are no word with rock n roll damn nation. // 10

Overall Impression: The DVD is way better than live in Donnington, the fact that the 1975 Baby Please Don't Go picture is awsome. The fact the finale is Are You Ready. I don't like the fact the song The Jack isn't on there and it doesn't have the Ballbreaker or stiff uper lip on it. I would hurt him severly if I fond the guy who stole it I make him buy me another one. Please go buy this it is great at Walmart for $15. // 10

Family Jewels [DVD] Reviewed by: Will Summers, on april 25, 2008

Sound: If you've heard AC/DC before, then you already know that they are one of the best hard rock bands to grace the planet. Inside the DVD set is a 23-page booklet that talks about how the band was formed, Bon Scott's death, and much, much more. I'd have to say that Angus Young is one of the best guitarists in hard rock today, though AC/DC hasn't put out a record in almost a decade. // 10

Overall Impression: I think that this is one of their best DVD sets to date, mainly because the songs list is incredible. What is most impressive about this DVD set are the 40 videos/live recordings. Basically, I love everything about this DVD set, except the quality of some songs. Other than that, there isn't anything else to not like about it. If it were stolen someone, who is obviously jealous of this find, I'd probably buy "Plug Me In", which is another AC/DC box set, just because there are more songs and features in the set. // 10

Family Jewels [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 04, 2005

Sound: The two disc Family Jewels is a must own DVD for any AC/DC fan. (For only ten bucks). Their sound is lengendary, and Sony went to great lengths to retore that sound from the '70s. It truly is DVD quality. You will be thunderstruck the first minute you watch Family Jewels and listen to their raw live unparralled power. // 10

Overall Impression: The overall value of this DVD is excellent. The Bon clips are worth the ten dollars. The video and sound are superb. As any fan would know a chance to see AC/DC on TV is an extremly rare occurance. For the masters of Dirty Deeds to comprise a two disc set of rare footage and sell it for ten bucks is something that you need to take advantage of. The only thing I hate about it is the lack of extra content and they left some of my favorite songs out. (Bad boy boogie). If some idiot would steal this I would first hunt him down and beat him then buy a new copy. // 10

Family Jewels [DVD] Reviewed by: pvpredator5682, on may 11, 2005

Sound: The sound was pretty good, I meen when does AC/DC not sound good. // 8

Overall Impression: I have Live At Donnington and it's awesome but this is way better. It also comes with a small color booklet with a ton of sweet pics. The best thing about it is how it's like a time line. If it were lost I would by a new one, if stolen I would find that person and get it back and take some money and get a Zep DVD. // 10

Family Jewels [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 09, 2005

Sound: As we all know AC/DC are the godfathers of metal. Thier sound needs no introduction from Malcom's thundering power chords to Angus' scratchy riffs and screeching solos packing a wicked tone that can only come from custom created pedals and several powerful Marshall cabinets. So genuinely AC/DC's live shows are even better than recordings and this dvd brings it all to you in crisp high definition sound from the best view in the house, the cameras eye. // 10

Overall Impression: For the hardcore AC/DC fan this DVD is an absolute essential and with 2 discs and 40 songs including live television performances, music videos, even all the footage of bon scott and live concerts. If your not willing to dish out for $14 for this then don't call yourself an AC/DC fan. // 10

Family Jewels [DVD] Reviewed by: xanderLesPaul69, on august 26, 2005

Sound: This DVD sounds the same as most of the other DVD's that are from this time with no story. The styles they use is the regular AC/DC, older heavy fun rock. This is the best DVD that I own. // 8

Overall Impression: This is the best of best collection that I have ever seen or heard of. The best thing about the set is that they use up all the space they can with as much AC/DC that they can fit. The things that I do like about the set is that they have the most AC/DC I have ever seen in one place; the things I dont like about it is when you touch the case and the booklet it leaves your finger prints on it. // 10

Family Jewels [DVD] Reviewed by: jimmiew, on october 03, 2005

Sound: For those of you who haven't heard AC/DC they have a very interesting sound. As soon as you hear them you can tell they were around in the '70s and '80s but they're a little different from the normal. They have a very high pitched guitar sound, a semi-high bass and the vocals are interesting somewhat with a English accent and some American. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a very good set from the band. If it was stolen I'd beat down the person who did it and if it was messed up I'd buy another. // 9

Family Jewels [DVD] Reviewed by: MaAal_MaAan, on october 27, 2005

Sound: Relive the great classic AC/DC sound with Family Jewels! Think that line is just a stupid line from a TV ad? It prolly is, but it's a true one then. This DVD produces the beautiful sound of the original AC/DC albums and live performances. This is just a music DVD, no story or anything, but, who cares? It is really well done over the 2 discs (disc 1 with Bon Scott and disc 2 with the other dude). // 10

Overall Impression: I was really happy with this DVD, if someone stole it I would buy it again, and again, and again. There's nothing really to hate about this DVD only they left out the song "Rock N Roll Singer" thats a really good one. I really like the bit where Bon Scott is singen Dirty Deeds and the two chicks come up and grab him and he stops singing for a bit, and he doesn't even lose a beat! How cool is that? // 10

Family Jewels [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 22, 2005

Sound: The sound quality is excellent. I have had no problems with it. You can hear everything. It's just the classic, heavy rockin' AC/DC that we all know and love. // 10

Overall Impression: This is an excellent DVD for any AC/DC fan. It really gives the fan a good look at the early years of AC/DC with Bon Scott in it (something that isn't seen very often). Overall, it is just an excellent DVD to own, especially if you like AC/DC. // 10

Family Jewels [DVD] Reviewed by: nonconformist1, on june 04, 2007

Sound: AC/DC is classic in your face rock and roll. with songs about sex, violence, and more sex, who doesn't love them. their simple riffs, ear piercing vocals, and guitar solo's to die for, their un deniably the best classic rock band ever. (behind Zeppelin of course). plus it features "flick of the switch", "fly on the wall", "shake your foundations" and "sink the pink" videos which go in sequence. This is definatelt the CD to buy. and it's pretty cheap, too. I only paid like twelve bucks for it. // 8

Overall Impression: My personal favorite music video on this DVD is the song "Baby Please Don't Go". Because it shows their sense of humor. And hey, who doesn't like to see Bon Scott in a wig with pig tails and a dress showing his whitey tighties and beating Angus Young with a toy sledgehammer over and over again. Or when Bon Scott gets tackled by a group of girls on the music video for "Dirty Deads Done Dirt Cheap". Or how about when Angus hops on his shoulders in the video for "Riff/Raff" I wouldn't lose this DVD because I never let this baby out of my sight. // 10

Comments