Flick Of The Switch review by AC/DC

• Released: Aug 23, 1983
AC/DC: Flick Of The Switch

After having worked with Mutt Lange for three hugely succesful albums, AC/DC decided they could produce an album theirselves. I think they did a pretty good job on this one. I consider this album the Brian Johnson Powerage. Both are truly underrated, and both have a raw, AC/DC sound. At this point of their career, they knew what kind of sound they wanted, and I think came pretty close to nailing it. It may be a little underproduced, but it still sounds really good. It's better than being overproduced.

The lyrics, as always, are classic AC/DC Sex, Drugs and Rock N Roll. Not much to talk about here, so I'll get to Brian. This is where Brian Johnson began to reach the first low point in his career. On a few songs, you hear him forcing a few notes, but that's it. They still sound like the Brian Johnson of Back In Black. For him, it went downhill for the Simon Wright albums.

Before I get into anything else, this is the last Phil Rudd album before Ballbreaker, which is a shame. Phil is a great drummer and one of the best time-keepers in rock. AC/DC definately missed him during the rest of the 80s. Like I said before, this is the Powerage of the Brian Johnson era. It doesen't have many radio hits on it, but it is a fan favorite, like Powerage. These two are my favorite AC/DC albums. I strongly reccomend buying it, or at least listening to it. It'll show you another side of AC/DC, a less mainstream side. If it was stolen or lost, I'd be right back at the music store to get another copy.