Flick Of The Switch review by AC/DC

• Released: Aug 23, 1983
AC/DC: Flick Of The Switch

The sound on this album is pretty good considering it was the first one produced by the band themselves. People consider this and Fly On The Wall to be their 'failure albums' but the truth is that they followed such great albums like Back in Black and Highway to Hell. There are great tracks on this album like 'This House Is On Fire', 'Flick Of The Switch' and 'Landslide'.

To be honest most AC/DC songs don't have great lyrics but Brian Johnson sounds great on this album. I'm going to compare his voice in this album to his voice on 'For Those About To Rock' and 'Fly On The Wall'. On those two albums he just doesn't sound the same. On 'For Those About To Rock' he sounded little bit weak and on 'Fly On The Wall' it sounded like he was being recorded over a telephone! But seriously, on 'Flick Of The Switch' Brian sounds near his best.

I don't think it's a bad album (Well, no AC/DC album is a bad album) it's definitely stronger than 'Fly On The Wall' and 'For Those About To Rock' but compared to the earlier albums up to 1980 people seem to think it is a bad album, but as I said there is no such thing as a bad AC/DC album. There are great headbangin' tunes in there with some powerful riff and solos. Even Malcolm Young once said ''Flick Of The Switch was our biggest flop'', but I'd have to disagree with him there.

Morello is god
    I love ac dc i have all their stuff but this was an utter dissapointment i sounds like the same song for 37 minuites its still great compared to other stuff but it was pretty much back in black 3 but worse