Fly On The Wall review by AC/DC

• Released: Aug 5, 1985
AC/DC: Fly On The Wall

This album was the second album AC/DC recorded and mixed by themselves, so the recodrings are not the best, and Brian's voice has a little too much reverb. But setting that aside, this is an excellent album. There are some pretty innovative songs here, for example, Sink the Pink, Danger, or Shake your Foundations. This album takes a while to sink in; most people don't like it at first, but it ages well. Let's start with the song Fly on the wall. It's got some catchy chords, and the chorus is a good sing along. Otherwise, nothing special, but a good song. Shake your Foundations. One of the best on the album with some excellent guitar parts and a great chorus. First Blood. A bit of a filler song, but good nonetheless. Danger. A slower song, and one of the better ones on the album. This showcases angus's lead guitar skills, and has some of my favorite lyrics, for example, "Got to hit that bottle, but my head hit the floor... " or, "The cops could not appreciate my natural charm... ". Sink the Pink. Probably one of the biggest hits, although I never liked it because it reminds me of a country song. It's another unique song. Playing with Girls. A great chorus, and some interesting guitar parts. Stand Up. A little more powerful than the other songs on the album. Hell or High Water. Good vocals, forgetable guitar parts. Back in Business. Powerful riffs and catchy vocals make this a classic song. Send for the Man. Another one with very powerful and mean sounding chords, and good vocals.

Excellent lyrics. Smart lyrics that are sung well; Is this AC/DC? Again, it's a shame about the production, but you get used to it. Brian's voice sounds great, and he howls just like he always has. Many say he began losing it on this album, but I think he never lost it. If you watch any Razor's Edge videos, he may not sound the same, but his voice is still freaking powerful. And on the last two albums, he lost the ability to sing as high as he used to, but he makes it work with the songs rather than against them. The lyrics fit well with the songs. The only reason he doesn't sound like on Back in Black is because you can't hear him as well.

Compared to their other albums, this is not the best, but it contains excellent vocals and some great riffs. The most impressive songs are "Fly on the Wall", "Shake Your Foundations", "Danger", "Playing With Girls", and "Back in Business". I love the vocals, but I don't like the recordings. If it were stolen, I would buy it again.