For Those About To Rock (We Salute You) review by AC/DC

• Released: Nov 23, 1981
AC/DC: For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)

I was always a huge fan of AC/DC, and this album was their last album. I felt this one wasn't as good as their older stuff, but this CD is still one full of timeless hits. Of course, I think the best one would be "For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)" with the whole stadium atmosphere going on, and Angus Young with the intro, giving the listener a feeling that the song was destined to keep rockers going for years and years to come. Angus' unforgettable riffs were still unforgettable, Malcolm's Rhythmic Power Chords still solid, and Brian Johnson's high pitched raspy voice still commanding. There were small hints of a kind of pop feel to it, with songs like "Inject The Venom" and "Night Of The Long Knives". But this album didn't lack the old attitude AC/DC had with their songs, with songs like "Snowballed" and "Evil Walks". So far, AC/DC hasn't lost their good old sound, but to me this album was a little different, somehow, compared to their legendary ones like "Back in Black" and "Highway to Hell".

The lyrics too, were typical AC/DC type verses. Worshipping Rock n Roll, lines that get parents worried everytime they hear it, and titles that might have double meanings if you read and listen closely enough. I always thought that the lyrics in AC/DC's songs had a nice rock n' roll attitude towards it, and this album is no different. And I don't think there's anyone out there that could bring out the lyrics better than Brian could, sounding like he "gurgles boiling oil", he also brings out that stadium rock feel in the lyrics of the 10 tracks on this album.

There is a reason why AC/DC is among the biggest rock superstars in this century. And this album was their last, and is definitely a decent something for people to remember them by. Although I don't think it's their best work, this is still something that could decently stand for what AC/DC is all about. If it were stolen or lost, I would probably get their "Family Jewels" DVDs.

dakota1211
    shuviduwaax omfg are you kidding flick of the switch kicked ass!!! if you wanna say what ac/dc album sucks say razor's edge.
    VaultAngel
    hey, dude, Razors Edge had Money Talks, Thunderstruck and the Razors Edge. good songs there. Razors Edge is a good album. In my opinion, if there is a bad album its Fly on the Wall. XD
    big_d
    if it's a bad album you want don't look for acdc albums cause you won't find it.
    angus_young_32
    the only album that i didn't like 150% was Fly on the Wall. sink the pink (off of the FotW album) was pretty awesome, tho