High Voltage review by AC/DC

• Released: Jul 5, 1994
AC/DC: High Voltage

I personally think that this album is awesome. A lot of the songs on this album are a little bit more blues-sounding Especially "The Jack," "Can I Sit Next To You Girl," and "Little Lover" (which by the way are all great songs). AC/DC and blues? I know it's kind of weird, but it sounds good. "A Long Way To The Top," "Rock And Roll Singer," "Live Wire" and "TNT" are all typical AC/DC songs (awesome), however they have something different that I can't really put my finger on. I think that the guitar in some of them like "Live Wire" and "TNT" is more sparce. Like in triplets or something like that. Great album.

The lyrics in these songs arent particularly different from the rest of their stuff. Good, mostly about girls or drugs or something like that. I was surprised when I heard "The Jack" that it was about a card game (it kind of reminded me of 'The Jack Of Hearts' by Bob Dylan). The vocals in this album are unusually clean. Bon Scott's voice isnt very raspy at all. His voice sounds kind of strained, which I don't usually like, but here it sounds really good. They have a lot more backup vocals on this album than they usually do.

This is an awesome album! Buy it right now I command you! Go forth. All of these songs are awesome.