High Voltage review by AC/DC

• Released: Jul 5, 1994
AC/DC: High Voltage

This album is AC/DC at thier absolute best! It is raw, punchy, and badass. Angus and Malcom Young are the greatest guitar matchup in the history of rock n' roll. Bon Scott is the greatest singer who ever lived. He had the strength in his voice that was never there before, never has been, and never will be another. Phil Rudd (drums) doesn't play fills, so the drums are consistant and have effective feel. Throw in Mark Evans bass, and you have the legendary AC/DC sound, simply known as hard blues-rock n' roll. The riff for "It's a Long Way to the Top" is one simple chord, and is catchy as hell. "The Jack" has a nice, bluesy tone, and "Live Wire" and "TNT" are hard hitting and powerful. The whole album defined AC/DC's killer sound.

The lyrics one of a kind. Bon was a lyricist that had his own style. If you disagree, name another band that had a complete, three verse song called "She's Got Balls". When I first got the album, at the time all I was listening to was Christian rock. When I heard what Bon was singing about, I was like "Holy shit, what do we have here"? Each song's verses go great w/ the chorus, nothing is off the topic of the song, and they stick in your head. "Live Wire" has some nice metaphor's in it, as does TNT. The vocals also have a perfect match w/ the guitars. There will never be another Bon Scott.

This is my favorite AC/DC album of all time. Thay are my favorite band. It was also my first non-religious rock album, so it got me into rock itself. I love everything the CD has to offer. The best song is definitely TNT. Perfect intro for the song style, great rhythm, awesome vocals, phenomal solo by Angus, and the ending is like TNT, it is practically exploding instrument sounds. If I lost it, I have burned copies, but w/o those I would not wait another week to buy it again.