High Voltage review by AC/DC

• Released: Jul 5, 1994
AC/DC: High Voltage

I've been a fan of AC/DC for years now, I love their bad-boy style of rock and roll. This great hard rock album from the '70s was one that fueled the stereotype and legend of drugs, sex, and rock and roll. 9 tracks of pure rock and roll lifestyle. Angus Young and SG deliver impressive solos and catchy riffs. The track "It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock And Roll)" features a bagpipe solo and then another bagpipe solo alongside the guitar solo. Bon Scott's main place of origin was Scotland, so there is no doubt the track was highly influenced by him. Most of the songs focus on the main reality of being a part of the rock and roll lifestyle and sharing some of the obstacles they encounter as being rock and roll stars.

They lyrics all have tough, naughty, in-your-face type of attitudes. AC/DC is a legend of rock history and many of the lyrics support the life of women, booze, drugs, fighting, and being famous. This is what rock was all about wasn't it? Somewhat of a confidence giver in that manner, giving you an aggressive outlook on goals and help you be determined to reach your dreams. Bon Scott performance of the songs not only sounds good, but gives an authentic feel to the songs. Anyone can sing about being a rock star and living life on the edge and doing crazy stuff, but Bon and the group actually did live life a lot like that and were able to take there reality experiences and turn them into magnificent music, and since these guys were the real deal, they represented that type of music and lyrics were telling their way of living life, the way they actually lived it, making this right up their ally for the bad boy rock superstar group AC/DC.

This may not have been the #1 selling AC/DC album, but it was definitely worthy of recognition. In my opinion, this was the best album produced with the singer Bon Scott (he died in 1980 and new lead singer Brian Johnson took his place). My personal favorite song in the album is "It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock And Roll)". I loved the bagpipe solo played by Bon Scott. It's very catchy and it's impressive how the bagpipe solo plays along side with the guitar solo. I love the scene of AC/DC. This is a rock and roll album about rock and roll music, and I think it represents a great way of my way of life and who I am. There are really no cons to this album, unless you don't like vinyl CD cases, but still, at 8-11 dollars it's well worth it. I listen to this CD at least once a day, and I've owned it about a year, so I'm pretty fond of it and would definitely replace it in a second if something happened to it.

Spartan 117
    M.B.MetalTabber wrote: Ever noticed how the lyrics to the Jack changed after releasing this album? why?
    well on the album they couldnt really say out right away the song is about gonerrahea the record companies probably wouldnt put it out. you know. it's just like that