High Voltage review by AC/DC

• Released: Jul 5, 1994
AC/DC: High Voltage

This is the first AC/DC album released in the US in 1976, and it was a good debut. The album sounds very classic and holds true to the AC/DC sound we have all come to know and love. It is pure rock and roll with a blues based influence. You can tell that it is early AC/DC based on the simplicity of the riffs. Angus still lays down some sweet solos, but they don't use a wide variety of chords. But it was not bad for a band whos lead guitarist was 15 or so.

Bon Scott shows his great use of wordplay. No matter how innocent it sounds, you can never be to sure with Bon. Take The Jack for example. Sounds like it's all about a card game. Listen closesly, you'll see. He also shows that AC/DC was, and is, all about rock and roll. Songs like Rock and Roll Singer are all about how much he wanted to be a rock star. That was a life dream. Bon also displays his wild vocal talents that helped to make AC/DC so popular.

Not the best AC/DC album, but it is very good. I would suggest buying this after you have one or two other AC/DC albums. But it is a great rock album. The best songs are, It's a Long Way to the Top (If you wanna rock and roll), The Jack, TNT (which is the most famous on the album), High Voltage, Live Wire, and all the others are great. The album gets a bit repetitive on the riffs, but not too much. It's just the same chords, but none of them sound the same. If it was stolen, I wouldn't even hesitate to buy it again. I need it for my AC/DC collection. In brief, it's a great album debut album for a band that was on the edge of taking the world by storm.

I am the Drake
    That Spartan guy's review confused the hell out of me at first then I realized that it must be the Australian version of the album. Anyway. I listened to this on my turntable last night and it sounded great! The intro to little lover is really cool.