Highway to Hell review by AC/DC

• Released: Nov 8, 1979
AC/DC: Highway to Hell

On this album, we hear a band thats is more professional. Compare this towards "High Voltage" then you will hear! They've gotten a new producer, Robert John Lange, and he pulls that little extra out of the band. The way Angus and Malcolm fills up each other, Bon's magnificent voice, Rudd's drumming skill and Cliff's bass work sounds totally awesome on earlier albums, and here they're even better! The sound of this album is hard-rock and sometimes blues (listen to Nightprowler).

The lyrics are consists of mostly one theme: sex and girls. Rumore says that girls got pregnant only by listening to "Beating Around The Bush." There are only one song who doesn't have those topics, that's the album starter Highway To Hell. If you listen to the first line in Girls Got Rhythm, you'll here the skill of Bon. The way he uses his voice, if gives me cold down my back. And when Malcolm and Cliff enters as backing vocal you reach a high peak on the song. They've got great singing skills to back Bon. Its hard to describe it, you got to hear it! As with all AC/DC songs, the lyrics fit the music perfect, Bon is a superb songwriter.

Compared to the other albums, I would say that this is the best, "Back In Black" is right behind it. The most impressive song got to be "Girls Got Rhythm," but the best riff is "Beating Around The Bush." I don't hate this album, I only love it! This is the best guitarmusic you can get. If it where lost I would run to the store to get a new one. If you don't have this, you miss something in your life.