Highway to Hell review by AC/DC

• Released: Nov 8, 1979
AC/DC: Highway to Hell

I think Highway To Hell is an amazing album becouse it's so down to earth rocking album. AC/DC are a hard rock band with a fun and dirty sound. The songs are so different styles such as "Highway To Hell" gets you going and just makes you want to shred the guitar with Angus Young jaw dropping solos and Bon Scotts singing. "Girls Got Rhythm"is an upbeat song with a great upbeat rhythm and Bon Scott singing about girls, girls and girls. Bon Scott tragically died in a Pub in 1979. Meaning this was AC/DC's last album with Bon Scott. This album consists of rock, hard rock, blues and classic rock. This album should be in the top 10 albums in rock history.

Girls are the order of the day on this album for Bon Scott. The thing that stands out the most on this album, lyrically is Bon Scotts anthemic chanting on Highway To Hell which just blowed me away. The Lyrics fit in with the rythm of the guitars and drums and Angus Youngs solos all over the record. Bon Scott arguably is one of the greatest Frontman of all time.

Overall this album just is fantastic and this style of music inspired 1000's of musicians all around the world. AC/DC sold more albums than any other Rock Band. Which really says something about them. AC/DC are better than the crappy modern bands today (yes I'm referring to emo). "Highway To Hell", "Girls Got Rhythm", "Walk All Over You" and "Touch Too Much" are my favourites of the album. If this was stolen I will find out who stole it rob his house and give him a black eye. I love This album and AC/DC always will inspire me.

big_d
    nonono im now 14 and i meant it takes talent srry wrong words,it is a little difficult to play and i mean the solos not the riffs cause there not hard at all.or it might be i cant move my fingers fast enough or pick good enough to play the solos. P.S Bon kicks brians ass anyday.
    M.B.MetalTabber
    Technically, they've been retired since 2000 (Stiff Upper Lip), but are supposed to be recording their new album now. AC/DC have it right - a good band is a band with good songs, not a band with insanely fast songs like DragonForce. AC/DC are the best band in the world, and out of all of their albums (of which I have them all), the only one I don't really like is Blow Up Your Video, and that's only coz I haven't give it a decent listen to. Highway To Hell is 3rd best album of all time, beat only by High Voltage and Back In Black, and that is very close.
    dgme92
    AC/DC kick so much ass.... the one band i feel that if you listen to, you WILL get hooked eventually.... i know i am. Bon Scott, greatest rock frontman ever!
    lepermessiah22
    Rosencrantz wrote: Yeah, ACDC's good for a couple listens. Their formulas good but only produces simple songs that ALL sound the same. Theres not enough music and melody in a ACDC song to keep me interested that long; they're good but I prefer more complex/interesting/technical stuff. big_d wrote: I play guitar mostly to acdc and it takes practice to play um...no offense dude but although you may be great on the axe, ACDC is not something that takes talent to play.
    TwistedLogic
    One of the best classic rock albums of all time,period! Love the bluesy feel of touch too much and beating around the bush and hte all out rockers like Walk all over you and shot down in flames. One of the weakest tunes is the title track, which says how great this album is. Buy it even if your not a big AC DC fan. It is classic rock at its best.
    SplinterX
    I agree with Rosencrantz. AC/DC does not take much talent to play. In my opinion, talent is overrated. I know people that can play so mind bogglingly fast that it all looks like a blur. But, at the end of the day, there is no melody or feel to their song. Melody sense and Rhythm is much more important. AC/DC has that, and that is what makes them good. Do not confuse talent with melodic sense, they are two totally different things. Also, I do play guitar, and have been playing for two years. Not only that, but I have a good knowledge of music theory, not that it means much.
    jfsj123
    are they retiring this year ? (2007) if they are im goin to sulk
    feedmegrease
    People keep saying that their songs are too simple...since when does rock have to be complicated to be good?
    Angelus Mortem
    Straight up Rock N Roll. This is good stuff. So what if it's not technical? Does that lessen the value of it? The thing missing from the bands of today: NO GD FUN!! AC/DC had that.
    Midnight Rocker
    AC/DC ae the greatest rock band the world has ever seen. I have all their albums, and in my opinion, Back In Black is the best, but it only JUST beats Highway To Hell. Absolute brilliance.
    scallyman
    To all of you about to rock.....salute them, they are the best classic rock band ever..the energy in the music is intensified in the live shows, suggestion....get Donnington 91 on DVD, turn it up to 11 and rock! Highway to hell is one of the best rock albms of all time, for me Powerage is a close second, with BIB third, I agree with the comment above playing solos at warp factor 9 does not equal good music, ACDC have it all, great lyrics great tunes! there's always a debate over BJ or Bon, get over yourselves, I personally prefer Bon and the earlier stuff, but kinda get BJ, especially on rock'n'roll aint' noise pollution.....with AC/DC remember this.....Keep it simple..... PLAY IT LOUD!!!!!
    karmasabitch2
    To: andrew, andrew. ACDC's music is simple. But that's the beauty of it. They take such a simple riff and rock the shit out of it. Cheesy...maybe...kick ass...def. If you don't headband to ACDC, play air guitar, or roll around like Angus on the floor, then you don't know how to rock. Seriously. ACDC is completely kick ass.
    -andrew-andrew-
    this music isnt relly very interesting and i dont think they have such a great sense of melody like some1 said before. i would definantly say they are over rated there music is kinda cheesey haha
    axejam123
    HAHA i agree with codybc1991. this thing has been around for almost 30 years; if u havent already heard it and judged it for yourself, uve been livin under a rock. why dont we just go and give 10s on bogus reviews for the best albums of all time? that kind of defeats the purpose. personally i like brian better than bon (sorry, i know thats almost blasphemy) but bon did give us some of the bests like TNT and Highway to Hell. RIP.
    codybc1991
    Why is there a review for this?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?! it's only 28 years old, if you haven't heard it you should die for not listening to AC/DC
    blinx4hotdogs
    hellz ya if you dont like acdc the then your retarded or sumtin because they are one of the best all time bands!!!!
    Pyro_TheVampire
    Ask anyone who AC-DC is and they would usally know. Highway to hell has to be one of their greatest songs, and belongs with the 100 worlds greatest songs. I just cant get enough of their music. BTW their solos are sort of hard to play, along with any good solo, but as long as you memorise the tabs and play it slow over and over untill its stuck in your brain, head, and mind, you will be sweet.
    jfsj123 wrote: Never copmpare bon n brian there both amazin
    True, but did you know bon heard brain sing before his unfortanate death, and gave him the Bon Scott seal of aproval, wich was really hard to get from him!
    Kurtsmyhero06
    ACDC is under rated they deserve alot more respect then other bands like zeplin and rolling stones i never stop hearing about i mean they are everywhere sporting events school stuff even other ppls concerts lol (went to poisin and they played high way to hell b4 they actualy went out and evry1 sang along)
    Rosencrantz
    big_d wrote: I play guitar mostly to acdc and it takes practice to play