Highway to Hell review by AC/DC

• Released: Nov 8, 1979
AC/DC: Highway to Hell

Highway to Hell for me is probably one of the greatest rock and roll albums of all time. It's the classic sound of ac/dc as always with Bon's cheeky but always witty lyrics, Angus's timeless blues riffing, Malcolm's impecable rhythm work, Cliff's simple, groovy but powerhouse basslines, and Phil Rudd's solid drumming. Every song for me on this album is just timeless, and every one just conjures a image of them having a right laugh while recording it, which is what makes 'Dc my favourite band. It's always been about the rock and roll and having fun to them which gives me great respect for them. For a new listener to DC, this is them at their best, and should be sitting pretty in any rockers collection. Absolute masterpiece.

The lyrics are classic textbook DC, expect plenty of lyrics about booze, women rock and roll and all of the above. Angus and Malc's cheeky, but never old riffs complement Bon's cheeky, innuendo lyrics perfectly. Bon, in my opionion was one of the finest, If not THE finest voice in rock.

This album doesn't compare to anything, it's just too good. My favourite song from the album probably just has to be Touch Too Much, it's such a groovy little song, with a brilliant sing along chorus. Every song is great on this album, and I hate nothing about it, only the fact that Bon is no longer with us to continue singing these timeless pieces of rock history. If it was stolen, I would be glad that someone is so desperate to listen to AC/DC they resorted to stealing it. As long as it keeps the kids off of commercial rubbish like 50 Cent and My Chemical Romance, then it would help me sleep better. Buy this album now, or you are not a true rocker.