Highway to Hell review by AC/DC

• Released: Nov 8, 1979
AC/DC: Highway to Hell

The sound of Highway to Hell is perfect. Angus's guitar sound is perfect and he has a slew of good riffs. There is honestly nothing I like hearing more than when Angus hits that A Chord on the opening part of Highway to Hell. The guitar solos are also good. Phil Rudd on drums is very good, his simple drumming is the driving, energetic part of AC/DC's songs. Bon Scott is arguably the best part about this album, truly the sound of a hard rocker. In my opinion, Bon is the one of the best if not the best hard rock/metal singer ever. The sound of AC/DC is truly their strong point, proving that they are arguably the greatest hard rock/metal band ever. R.I.P. Bon Scott 1946-1980.

The lyrics are great, honestly near perfect. Highway to Hell's lyrics are rebellious, ("Hey Mama, Look at me, I'm on my way to the promise land") Ha. If your extremely christian, I wouldn't buy this album besides the fact the album is entitled Highway to Hell, some of lyrics are offensive towards Christan in the song If You Want Blood You've Got It, which is ironically, my favorite song on the album (I'm not satantic). Overall, perfect.

I'm am one of the biggest AC/DC fans around, and I would say this is my favorite album by them besides Back in Black. This is also easily Bon's best album. The best part of this album is AC/DC's sound. Every aspect of it perfect. Angus is one of the best guitar players ever, not because of techicall playing, but because of the tone of his guitar and the riffs he plays. Nobody is better at creating riffs than the Young Brothers, Angus and Malcolm. As I have said before, Bon Scott is arguably the greatest hard rock/metal singer ever, but it's difficult to describe his singing, it's a mix of a scream, razor sharp voice, and just pure good singing. You need to buy this album even if you have never heard of AC/DC or never really cared for the music, because, I can guarntee you, you will enjoy listening this album. The best songs are Highway to Hell, Walk Over You, Girls Got Rhythm, Touch Too Much, and my favorite, If You Want Blood (You've Got It). Trust me, this is one of the greatest hard rock/metal albums of all time. Truly a Masterpiece. Long live AC/DC.

fts666
    "Bon Scott tragically died in a Pub in 1979." wtf? didnt he die in early 1980 after visiting the electric ballroom in london and afterwards beeing left in some car?
    JimPrenier_11
    Highway to hell was the best of the Bon Scott era if you ask me but their all so cloe it isn't funny.
    Ibeatonthebrat
    Highway to Hell is the most classic album AC/DC ever put together. Not their other albums aren't awesome. The rest of them are classics too. But it seemed they were destined to make this particular album right before Bon Scott died. Angus inspired me to pick up the guitar. And without this album, I'd probably be a chior boy. This is one one album all guitar players should sit down and listen to.
    aerodynamic lov
    Smithsc
    I love highway to hell! Bon is one of rocks best singers! No offense to Brian but for me the voice of Ac/Dc is and always will be Bon Scott!
    Jimbleton
    i own alot of albums but (50+) and this is easily one of the best ac/dc classic hard rock to the max DC FTW
    Jimbleton
    aerodynamic lov wrote: yes i quite i agree with the ppl that say you will get hooked on 2 AC/DC evntually, my parents used 2 always play their albums early when i was a kid and i couldent stand them but now its all i listin 2!! Also Highway To Hell is prob Their 3rd best Album the 1st Bein Back In Black and the 2nd Bein Razor's edge even tho i perfur Bon ova Brian
    the razors edge i think is one of their worst in my opinion but acdc there is summit for everyone