If You Want Blood You've Got It review by AC/DC

• Released: Nov 27, 1978
  • Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
AC/DC: If You Want Blood You've Got It

This was a live album that AC/DC released back before Bon Scott passed away (my favourite member of AC/DC). However, even for AC/DC, this proved to be a very lousy album in my opinion. Back when I was a huge AC/DC fan, this album still disappointed me. It seems sloppy, noisy, and above all; half-assed. Angus, who had a big reputation for being great live really dropped the ball in these performances and I honestly can't think of a great one besides Bon's vocals, which were always up to par & great-sounding.

The lyrics are well sung, and Bon does an excellent job at singing in every single track! This is most definitely the highest point of this album for me. Especially when he does that big yell before "Whole Lotta Rosie" kicks in: it's pretty much perfect to the original recording. This live album really made me feel down about Bon Scott going (and the over-rated Johnson replacing him).

Well, I was disappointed with this album, so if you're a big AC/DC fan, don't bother with this one, just go for the studio recordings: that's where AC/DC always seemed to shine for me anyways. Personally, the highlights of this album are Bon Scott's vocals as I mentioned earlier, as well as the unaccompanied guitar solo that Angus did towards the end of it. It really seemed to get the crowd going and it's pretty cool. But other than that, well. I never really got into any of these live performances so I really can't suggest any except "Let There Be Rock" (where Angus did the guitar solo I mentioned). Honestly, if I lost it, I would not replace this album, in fact, I'm actually trying to get rid of it (even though I only paid $9 CAN)!

Ead
    omg what happened to Angus during the Rock n Roll Damnation solo? besides that and the rosie solo, this album is pretty good. doesnt merit a full 10 though
    Shreddin 4 Life
    honestly, I thought it was a truly sloppy performance fer the most part (the exception being Bon Scott of course)
    tcangusyoung123
    This IS a rock n roll performance, and as such sloppiness is required to make it authentic. Not so much that's it's crap, but enough to make it human. 9.5/10.
    Radz117
    I genuinely don't understand some people's beef with this album. This is the best live album I've ever heard by a long shot.
    100%angus
    this album has probably the best live version of "hell ain't a bad place to be" (besides live at the atlantic studios)
    Guitarman200
    I love this album, although they didnt include one song from that concert, that was Dog Eat Dog, its a shame, but still a great album!! 10/10
    al.vell
    How can people not think this album is awesome?! It's my favorite AC/DC album by far and has the best version EVER of "Whole lotta Rosie" I've ever heard. Some people are WAY too critical and I'd love to see them do better.. LOL..