Let There Be Rock review by AC/DC

• Released: Mar 21, 1977
AC/DC: Let There Be Rock

The sound is classic AC/DC, it has a very live sound to it. It is loaded with catchy guitar riffs by Malcolm and very emotional solos by Angus. It also has the singing of Bon Scott which I love because it has a specific growl to it that makes his singing instantly recognizable. The title track (Let There Be Rock) is what this album is all about, really cool riffs and Bon's awesome voice.

The lyrics are just what you'd expect from Bon, it talks about rock n' roll and encounters with groupies. Just what I love to hear AC/DC talk about. Also hearing Bon yell "Let There Be Rock!" will leave that song stuck in your head for days. The same goes for the chorus of "Problem Child."

The CD as a whole is very good. The only reason I gave it a four is because it doesn't quite compare to "Highway To Hell," "Back In Black" or "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" (the three other albums I own of AC/DC). There are more than its share of hit songs on the album though. "Problem Child," "Let There Be Rock," "Whole Lotta Rosie," and "Dog Eat Dog" are all awesome. I like this CD enough that if I ever lost it or it got stolen I would for sure buy it again. It is Just what AC/DC is about and is a great cd to add to your collection.

dakota1211
    eh... could have been better but dog eat dog, bad boy boogie, rosie are very good. let there be rock the song get repetitive but can be fun at times.
    The_Raven
    i have only heard brian sing bad boy boogie on stiff upper lip live and it sounded great, i think i will get this album through bonfire
    ace man
    This is one hell of a party starter. Turn it up till your ears bleed and the windows start to crack