Let There Be Rock [DVD] Review

artist: AC/DC date: 04/01/2006 category: compact discs
AC/DC: Let There Be Rock [DVD]
Release Date: 1991
Released in theaters around the time when AC/DC's popularity was beginning to decrease, Let There Be Rock is a video documentary taken from AC/DC's 1980 Highway To Hell tour with Bon Scott.
 Content: 9.5
 Production Quality: 7
 9.3
 8.8
 9.7
Let There Be Rock [DVD] Reviewed by: mint_car, on march 01, 2006

Sound: "Let There Be Rock" is a live DVD from AC/DC's first period (Bon Scott vocal). The DVD is with energetic live performance from Angus Young. The last performance with Bon Scott is also including. I must admit that the sound on this DVD is not the best, but for people who love AC/DC it is an unique collection. // 8

Overall Impression: It could be compared to any other live collection DVD, but right I can't remember any right now. My favorite song on this DVD is without doubt "Fling Thing/Rocker" the special thing about this song is that they have football clothes on, why I don't know, but I think the Scottish national team have won a game or something, its starts with the little compotion "Fling Thing" by Angus Young, I think it's kinda the Scottish national melody. After that they start to play one of the traditional songs "Rocker" just with a long solo added and a fantastic energetic live performance. As always Angus and Bon is jumping around like crazy and I love it. // 9

Let There Be Rock [DVD] Reviewed by: Angus Van Halen, on april 01, 2006

Sound: Of course AC/DC is most well known for their classic hard rock sound. The band's sound is a kind of crisp and clean distortion. Thanks to Gibson and Marshall for giving Angus Young (lead guitarist) an amazing tone. In my opinion Brian Johnson (current Lead singer), who took Bon Scott's ('74-'80 lead singer) place, is a better fit for the band's rough sound. But both lead singers deliver exceptional performances. These are the best recordings of AC/DC's best songs. // 10

Overall Impression: I proclaim this the best AC/DC DVD availible. And that means alot, because I own them all. I simply love this Collection. And it is an instant classic in my mind. The 40 recordings are all great, and I can't even begin to choose which one I like best. I recomend this DVD to all who like ac/dc, or just some good old classic rock. This DVD doesn't fail deliver the goods. If it were stolen from me I would definitely buy it again. Overall I beleive this DVD deserves a 10 out of 10. // 10

Comments