Live At Donnington [DVD] review by AC/DC

• Released: Nov 11, 2003
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
AC/DC: Live At Donnington [DVD]

Sound? AC/DC. Enough said. The most explosive and powerful sound you'll ever hear. Angus does not hit one bad not on his SG. Brian doesn't have any singing flaws. Chris Slade just played drums amazingly to say the least. All the songs on here sound teriffic. The only thing that I somewhat don't like is Brian doing TNT, Highway To Hell, ect. Those are Bon's songs and just aren't the same. He did do a good job with 'Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be' and 'Jailbreak' though. Amzing sound quality.

Content — 10
This is AC/DC Live At Castle Donington at the '91 Monsters Of Rock fesitval. Playing along with Metallica, Motley Crue, Black Crowes and Queenschrych (None of those bands are on the DVD though). The DVD opens with Chris on drums chicking his high hat to get 'Thunderstruck' going, the Angus comes on, fist punching the air and unleashes that awesome Thunderstruck riff. It then goes on to Shoot To Thrill, Back In Black, Hell Aint A Bad Place To Be, Let There Be Rock, You Shooke Me All Night Long, TNT, Dirty Deeds, Highwayt To Hell, For Those About To Rock, High Voltage and everything else you fans enjoy. It has some bonus stuff, nothing really impressive but I don't care, I don't worry about bonus stuff ever. Commentary is also available though you can hardly hear it.

Production Quality — 10
Put together amazing. They filmed it so perfect. The quality isn't the best but not far from it. I'm not at all saying its bad quality, it's not VHS quality or anything but not as good as other DVD's.

I love this DVD. It's the best item I own. Every song was played great. They played all the my favorites (Thunderstruck, Back In Black, You Shook Me All Night Long, ect). I love everything about it. I don't dislike anything about the DVD. If it were stolen (I definatly wont lose it, I keep it close alaways) I would buy it again for only being $12.