Live At Donnington [DVD] review by AC/DC

• Released: Nov 11, 2003
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 10
AC/DC: Live At Donnington [DVD]

Sound is good, choice of 5.5 Dolby Surround, or Stereo. AC/DC always sounds good, though. Huge crowd, kind of amazing how anyone could play for that many people without shitting their pants.

Content — 8
The DVD features all the band's most popular songs, a commentary by Angus and Malcolm, Discography. Live at Donnington Castle, in front of 80,000 people. Filmed August 16, 1991. Which is the day after my birthday, has some special meaning to me, because it makes me feel like they were celebrating my birth. I am not going to give the content a 10, as the commentary is a bit annoying, since it is only audio and is played over the performance, of course that is optional. But I would like to see angus and malcolm speak, as well as hear

Production Quality — 10
Many camera angles are used, you have the option of locking camera angles on certain band members for certain songs, which is great if you are trying to mimic a musicians style on stage in your own performances at home.

It is the best concert DVD I own, out of 6 DVD's. Most impressive thing is the intro, when they play Thunderstruck, and Angus comes out from the tunnel and the crowd goes bizzerk. You just get this rush of blood throughout your body when you see something like that, the kind that makes you run to wherever you keep your guitar and practice for hours. Totally worth the $12. I would re-purchase it if it was lost.