Live At Donnington [DVD] review by AC/DC

• Released: Nov 11, 2003
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 9
AC/DC: Live At Donnington [DVD]

The sound of this is great. Put on some surround sond and you can really get a feeling like your there. Angus barely misses a thing in this show. It's amazing. Has a really nice rock sound. This will really open up people's eyes and show them how good AC/DC really is.

Content — 9
There's definietly a lot of cool things. There's the audio commentary on the show with Angus and Malcolm. There's the dicography with commentary on each album. And then there's the special camera view focusing on one person in the band. I'm a little disappointed that they couldn't get more Angus, because I'm a huge Angus fan, but it must have been pretty hard with him running around. Still, some pretty cool features.

Production Quality — 9
It looks good, in a old time sorta way. It looks like an old movie. You sometimes see the little black dots pop up every once in a while. But it's great. And I, personally, like it very much. It is definitely good. But sometimes you get a weird light on the camera, but they usually change it right away. There's also some really cool camera angles, including a camera under the stage like in the "Thunderstruck" video. I think this show had the most cameras AC/DC has ever used. And of course, theres all of the blow up things they have, the Hells Bell, and some of the great things Angus does.

I think this DVD really brings out the true AC/DC. It shows how well they play, and how fun and exciting their live shows are. The albums don't give this band justice, because you can't see Angus running around in his schoolboy outfit on the albums, or you can't see lighting effects. This DVD definitely is a must-have for any AC/DC fan. It is probably the best live DVD of them out right now. I love everything about it. If it was lost or stolen, I would buy a new one in a heartbeat.