Live At Donnington [DVD] review by AC/DC

• Released: Nov 11, 2003
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 8
AC/DC: Live At Donnington [DVD]

Sound is incredible. Some songs are overdubbed (so I've heard). But does not take away from the experience of AC/DC live! It sets the bar for recorded live concerts. Great sound, everything is in great balance (maybe due to the overdubbing). The voice, the guitars, drums, and audience nothing drowns out anything else so you hear everything like you should.

Content — 9
The DVD contains the concert which is around 2 hours in length. Like the name implies, its a live performance at Donnington, England in 1992 I think but I'm not 100% sure on when it was in fact recorded. It has some cool features. My favorite being the Angus cam, which is a camera that stays on Angus the entire time. So if Angus is all your interested in its a wonderful feature. The concert contains something that make all AC/DC concerts complete. Angus's strip tease which he performs to a beat provided by his bandmembers. It's a very entertaining concert and makes you feel like you have the best seat in the house.

Production Quality — 8
The quality is quite good. The cameras are in focus and you are fully aware of what's going on. The editing does a good job of showing you what you want to see at the right time (like it doesn't show Malcolm when Angus is in the middle of a lead line).

This is a great DVD, of a great concert! If your an AC/DC fan, get this DVD, it's wonderful. This is the concert the AC/DC live! CD was recorded from. So if you have both great! It's just an amazing example of recorded concerts and like I said sets the bar.