Live At Donnington [DVD] review by AC/DC

• Released: Nov 11, 2003
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 9
AC/DC: Live At Donnington [DVD]

This DVD marked a pivitol point in the bands career. They were seen as one of the greatest Rock bands in the world, and not without good reason. With a setlist filled with some of their best boogies, most brilliant blues, and riveting Rock anthems, you could go no wrong with a statement like that. The sound is almost as good as the reviews (Which were brilliant). AC/DC used more overdrive in their live concerts then, than they have in more recent concerts, such as the stiff upper lip tour. They solos are played pretty much the same as the recorded version, except noticably on "Fire Your Guns", but who can find fault in a little bit of improvisation. It is Angus Young anyway. The sound is great for a live concert.

Content — 9
As far as I know, there isn't any hidden tracks or anything, mind you it is supposed to be hidden. As I said it's a live DVD so it doesn't pause between chapters the way family jewels does (another AC/DC DVD), so it has Angus and Malcolm Young commentary which always good to listen to. There is also a full AC/DC discography which also has a commentary from the Young brothers. As I said before, the setlist couldn't be better, with great tunes from different great albums, AC/DC done it again.

Production Quality — 9
The production quality is really good. Even though Angus' lead transmitter conked out durind Let there be rock when he spins about on a rising platform in the middle ot the audience. The firing cannons at the end are never a disappointment. And the inflatable Rosie is an absolute treat. AC/DC neve let you down at a live concert such as this.

This is my favourite of the AC/DC DVD's, and if this were lost or stolen, I would definetly buy it again, because there is absolutely nothing else like it. No other artist even comes close to being as electrifying as AC/DC when it comes to a live show. So instead of rabbling on, I have only two words. Buy it!

norths01
    this is a fucin awsome dvd u must see it angus is awsome long live bon scott
    iljh
    If you are an AC/DC fan, and you don't own this you need to GET OFF THIS COMPUTER AND GO BUY IT NOW!!!!!
    Guitar Wizkid
    I really love this DVD it is like a collection of everything they've got and has a awesome commentery with both the cd part and question answer commentery. It also has cool effects including cannons, a giant inflatable Rosie, and a "Hell Bell".
    AaROn!
    i have this DVD and it is fantastic! i love watching it! 10 outta 10!