Live At Donnington [DVD] review by AC/DC

• Released: Nov 11, 2003
  • Content: 7
  • Production Quality: 6
AC/DC: Live At Donnington [DVD]

I really like this DVD. The guitars sound great and raw, and the drums sound nice and crisp with Chris Slade never missing a beat. Brian Johnson sounds great aswell. I really liked the sound of his voice at this point in time. It's kinda hard to describe it. Of the AC/DC DVDs, he sounds the best in this one. He hit his rough patch for No Bull (worn out) and Stiff Upper Lip Live (throat infection), and is really forcing some notes. His voice has been back on top since about 2003, so that's good. One more thing I wanted to mention, the crowd is in it. They are a 6th member.

Content — 7
This is a really good set list, and it doesen't leave out many great AC/DC songs. Would of liked to hear maybe Who Made Who or Problem Child in there too, but I'm satisfied with the way it was. There is a descent amout of features in here too. There is commentary with Angus and Malcolm, and also them talking about every AC/DC album until Stiff Upper Lip. There is also what is called iso-cam versions of every current member of AC/DC. One dissapointment here is that there is nothing of Chris Slade. Even if he's not currently in the band, he deserves a video of himself. Another complaint is for Malcolm (TNT), they don't show enough of him. For Angus, they show nothing but Angus. For Brian, they show as much as they could. They also show a lot of Cliff in his. But for Malcolm, most of it is either Angus or Brian.

Production Quality — 6
Since this video was taken in 1991, the production ain't that good. It's not cristal clear like No Bull or Stiff Upper Lip Live. You see the black dots or blurred image on the screen just like an old movie or at the cinemas. Despite this, it's amazing how many camera angles they have. I think they had about 26 cameras, including a helicopter. Another thing with the production, many people tend to say they took the audio from other concerts. Evidence from this is during Back In Black, Brian sings Ooh I'm Back, but the video shows he has both arms raised, making the crowd cheer. They went wrong somewhere.

There is nothing that I hate on here. Not many features, but what were you expecting to have? There's just those little things I mentionned above. If it were stolen or lost, I'd surely buy it again. I watch it fairly often, and would miss it if it was gone. It's near perfect. And by the way, it's written Donington, not Donnington.

STBT_Dk
    reavynsister wrote: how many spectators were at that concert?
    around 80.000
    dannyloughran
    Is it in Donnington or Donington? As they are actually 2 different places... Im guessing its Donington, home of rock and metal?
    tristan_deity
    von tratt
    tristan_deity wrote: Ive had this dvd since it first came out in 2003 and i still think it is the most amazing concert ive ever seen. It is crazy that some of the people posting call them selfs acdc fans but dont have this dvd. Fucking go out and buy it now!!!!!
    I call myself an AC/DC fan and I don't have this dvd. Although I do have 18 of their cd's, a clock, 2 t-shirts, 2 posters, 2 tickets for thewir show in europe and 2 dvd's
    AngusRocks25
    I love this DVD, i watch it nearly every day, and I have learned many of angus's riffs from watching it, its very addictive! Brian's voice is excellent, Chris's drumming is exceptional, Cliff and Malcolm are cool too, the crowd lovin it! Not one bad song on it, and there are a few surprise songs that I love such as Jailbreak, Heatseeker and High Voltage! Buy this DVD, best rock n roll band in the world!!