No Bull [DVD] review by AC/DC

• Released: Mar 6, 2001
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
AC/DC: No Bull [DVD]

As you probably already know, AC/DC are one of the best bands from Australia and are the best 'rock n' roll' band in the world. They have been around for more than thirty-odd years (twenty when the concert was recorded) and have never seemed like they are going to stop! They have influenced hundreds of bands.

Content — 10
The main content is AC/DC's show at the Plaza De Toros in Madrid, which was in 1996. I bought this as it seemed to be like a live best of, and pratically every 'hit' is hear; Back In Black, Thunderstruck, Highway To Hell, Dirty Deeds, T.N.T and the list goes on! The songs I felt were missing was; Jailbreak, Who Made Who and Are You Ready, but other songs that they wouldn't play that often; Dog Eat Dog, Girls Got Rhythm and Shot Down In Flames, are a good addition. The current album at the time was Ball-Breaker, and four of the songs are represented: Hard As A Rock, Boogie Man, Hail Caesar and the title track. Hail Caesar is a great track, in my opinion, while the other three are alright, but not great. Brian sings (As I hoped you all knew) and is fairly good, but lets face it; he isn't a good singer but he tries his best and is a decent frontman. The Young brothers are on fire, with Malcolm laying excellent rhythms and Angus running around the stage like a child who has had too much red cordial! Phil is also great and shows that you don't have too have a massive kit to be good (you all know who I am talking about). Cliff is decent but you can't hear him either when he is playing or providing backing vocals! The only bonus feature is the making of the video for 'Hard As A Rock' and the clip itself boring. But aside from that it's fantastic.

Production Quality — 8
The technology wasn't amazing, as it seems that they have just converted the original video version to DVD, but the quaility of the audio and visiual was perfect. The menu looked pretty cool as well, but the concert starts straight away, i.e it dosen't go to any menus first.

I think you can tell if a live DVD is good if it makes you want to pick a guitar straight away and/or see them live, and this DVD easily does it. It is a fantastic DVD and is worth buying even if you are not a huge fan. If I lost it or if someone stole it I would weep for days on end until I bought a new copy.

bropark08
    I have the other live DVD, Family Jewels, and it is amazing. I'm going to the store later on today to grab this DVD. Sounds like a great video!
    hew-jass
    RIGHT owning time .... live in donington is a good dvd. stiff upper lip is a good dvd and this is a good dvd. i dont see how angus screwed up thunderstruck. kurt cobain or whoever you are why are you on an acdc review if you hate them. this has great features that the others don't e.g the boogie man was sooo good and it was a good highway to hell. this was better than live in donington because they played quite alot of songs that they dont usually play eg dog eat dog. hate this dvd ? what kind of acdc fan are you ?
    Rocker_94
    Brian's voice sucks in this one. Stiff Upper Lip is better than this one, and Donington owns.
    theoffspring
    how can someone register for ultimate guitar and say ac/dc sucks you mustnt understand what angus and malcom did for the guitar world if i were a moderator i would have banned you
    rockymoda
    Sorry got distracted/ If it were not for sh*# hot bands like AC/DC, there would be no wanna be guitar players like kurt sovain!!
    Benny989
    AC/DC isnt that great, Skid61490. There is a lot of bands that can top AC/DC, and Bon Scott is alright. Brian Johnson = annoying. Really, the only good part of AC/DC is Malcom and Angus. The drumming is alright and the bass player is extremely boring!
    speedoman03
    kurt, i bet you are one of those people who love Nirvana but hate AC/DC because Angus' and Malcom's licks are to difficult for you to play, so you stick to a band where the guitar played isnt near the caliber as the Young brothers
    Skid61490
    you suck Kurtcobain, not teh actual kurt kobain hes teh man a musical geinius also. But u suck dude acdc is one of the best bands ever they helped make what we now call rock if it wasnt for angus's rhythms and lead solos i wouldnt play guitar. not to mention bon scott killin the vocals nobody can top acdc nobody!
    guitar_lvr
    yea i havent heard or seen nething about this dvd, i dont think its been released in the states. but it sounds cool
    Stop Messin'
    This is their worst live DVD, but it's still good. The sound is HORRIBLE. I felt like crying when Angus started playing Thunderstruck. It sounded so out of tune and cat-like. Live At Donnington was amazing, Stiff Upper Lip is great, and this is ok.
    BEEFstu914
    OMG i want it!!! ya i have the live at donninton also... 2 whole hours... SWEETT!!!
    acdc_427
    ive got live at donnington and that rocks so hard.. i hope this dvd does as 2, bc im about to leave to buy me one AC/DC ROCKS!
    shugo449
    got live in donington, family jewels, and no bull. they rock. vote ten stars 4 the dvd.
    juanacdc