No Bull [DVD] Review

artist: AC/DC date: 08/08/2006 category: compact discs
AC/DC: No Bull [DVD]
Release Date: March 6, 2001
This live concert DVD runs about 2 hours in length. If you're a true fan of AC/DC it is a must have.
 Content: 9
 Production Quality: 8.5
 7.8
 8.7
 6.9
No Bull [DVD] Reviewed by: Dukefan25, on july 06, 2006

Sound: AC/DC: No Bull - Live At Plaza De Toros, Madrid was released in March, 2001. I bought this while traveling Europe so I'm not sure if this has been released in the US yet. THe video was takin during a 1996 concert, this meaning AC/DC was not at its peak. Brian Johnson can't push out his signature voice and high notes quite as well as he used to while lead guitarist Angus Young is also well past his prime which is obviously shown during a quite noticeable mistake in the intro to 'Thunderstruck'. On the other hand, this concert shows many of AC/DC's less known songs which is great if you are a true AC/DC fan. Some of these songs include: 'Hail Caesar', 'Shot Down In Flames', 'Hard As A Rock', and 'Dog Eat Dog'. So while this is not the Australian rock bands peak performance, it shows you the songs that are lesser known yet still quite impressive. // 7

Overall Impression: Overall this is a 'good' DVD. I love AC/DC so this is just one of those concerts that I love, but if they're not one of your favorites, you may not like it as much. Also, when I bought this in England and brought it back to the US, I had a problem with the region coding. So if you're looking to buy it, I would look into that first because US as a different DVD region code that other countries. If you're a true fan of AC/DC it is a must have, if not, check it out if you like and if you don't you're not missing out. // 7

No Bull [DVD] Reviewed by: kapper_23, on august 08, 2006

Sound: As you probably already know, AC/DC are one of the best bands from Australia and are the best 'rock n' roll' band in the world. They have been around for more than thirty-odd years (twenty when the concert was recorded) and have never seemed like they are going to stop! They have influenced hundreds of bands. // 10

Overall Impression: I think you can tell if a live DVD is good if it makes you want to pick a guitar straight away and/or see them live, and this DVD easily does it. It is a fantastic DVD and is worth buying even if you are not a huge fan. If I lost it or if someone stole it I would weep for days on end until I bought a new copy. // 10

Comments