Plug Me In [DVD] Review

artist: AC/DC date: 04/12/2008 category: compact discs
AC/DC: Plug Me In [DVD]
Release Date: October 16, 2007
Witness every stage of the world's most electrifying rock band! Plug Me In -- the new 3DVD Collector's Edition set contains over 7 hours of rare and unreleased LIVE video from AC/DC.
 Content: 9.7
 Production Quality: 9
 9.1
 9.5
 8.6
Plug Me In [DVD] Reviewed by: Gibson_Man, on october 31, 2007

Sound: As always, the sound of AC/DC is roaring with guitars and drums. On this DVD set you can hear, and see, first hand how this great band became the way it is today through their early career shows. The best part about the DVD is the old shows AC/DC did. All of these are great and there are even some you wouldn't expect. On High Voltage, Bon is all decked out in nice pants, shirt, coat and shoes. When have we ever seen that in Bon! He's always known for wearing practically nothing! From there, you can follow AC/DC on their glorious trip from 1975 to 1979. Throughout those years we witness the growing talent each member obtains as the show goes on. // 10

Overall Impression: This DVD set is perfect for any AC/DC fan. It out does Family Jewels and Live At Donington. Before each song, the DVD tells you the song, year, and place. I like that, but it says AC/DC in a way a bootleg would do it. Also, it has animations of Angus doing the duckwalk across the screen. Weird. This is a great DVD set, don't get me wrong. But the main menu takes away the sense of AC/DC and their rawness. // 9

Plug Me In [DVD] Reviewed by: bowdyyz69, on january 23, 2008

Sound: The sound is great for live footage very clean. AC/DC is probally the finest rock band to come from down under (australia) and this show it with great classic songs from all there albums. If you enjoyed AC/DC albums you would enjoy this pack very much. It's got the great sound of the Angus Young SG and the unique vocal of Bon Scott and Brian Johnston, if you wanna rock this is the pack to get bar none. // 10

Overall Impression: The 3-disc pack is great got all the classics from both the Bon Scott era and the Brian Johnson era and everything in between. It's a bunch of the bands vidoes of them playing all around the world at all different concerts with a few little extras. The amount of songs is very impressive, this is an ultimate collectors item for AC/DC lover. // 10

Plug Me In [DVD] Reviewed by: ACDCrox74, on april 12, 2008

Sound: AC/DC, Personally My favorite band lets out the unseen. In this Fully Jam Packed DVD you get Great Sound, ecsoecially with My sorround sound at my house. I few of the clips have some very old footage even black and white and that sound is a bit hard to hear(and see) over the crowd and etc. When I bought my AC/DC Plug Me In, it came with a bonus 5-track CD. Most of the footage has never been seen before on tape with editing. It is a great DVD(s) with a nice compact sound. // 9

Overall Impression: I love this DVD set so much, that if someone took it, I would hunt them down with a shotgun. I personally think this is about 20 times better than the Family Jewels DVD set. This even has the "Bonn" years and the "Brian" years. It is very funny when you watch it the first time around, and when it goes to the main menu, angus is doing the duck walk across like a pinball machine. It is kind of like a video game with angus shooting the power of rock at things. then you can choose a song you would like it to go to etc. it's got all the basics of an acdc dvd, but better. // 10

Comments