Powerage review by AC/DC

• Released: Jun 19, 1978
AC/DC: Powerage

The sound of AC/DC really is hard to explain. They're so unique, it's hard to compare them to any one else! With the pure hard rock riffing of Malcolm, and the solos of Angus make you want to pull out the old air guitar. Phil can always keep the beat along with the music. And what can be said about the late great Bon that hasn't been said before, the man kicked ass in every sense of the phrase. As far as the sound on the album is concerned it is hard rock on the edge of metal. If you love the old school hard rock and metal feel you will love this album.

As usual the lyrics are brilliant. The themes as usual include sex, booze, and women. But on some of the tracks themes also include what its like to be a rocker wantinmg to make it but broke (I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about). Bon has a unique sound that I have never heard another singer be able to accomplish.

This is AC/DC's least known and under rated alnum. Ask the average AC/DC fan if they have heard of Powerage the answer most likely no. But this should change, I love this album and I am so glad I bought it. I highly suggest this album for any AC/DC fan. I would get this album after you buy, live, Back In Black, and High Voltage. Go buy this now I sware you wont be dissapointed. I was impresseed that AC/DC could have underlying metal in them and this was definetly dug up in this album. I fthis were stolen I would definetly buy it again. The best songs are Riff Raff, Sin City, and Rock 'N' Roll Damnnation.