Powerage review by AC/DC

• Released: Jun 19, 1978
AC/DC: Powerage

The sound on this album represents AC/DC at it's best: it's raw, in-your-face power-rock. Some might say the sound on this album is 'crappy', I prefer to say it's just good rock 'n' roll: this is what they play and this is what you get, no overdubs or ohter bullshit (listen to the missed notes on 'Kicked In The Teeth'). Of course it's got nothing to do with the overproduced 'Highway To Hell' sound, but I like to think every sound has it's own charm. The sound on Powerage is definitly my favourite.

What CD I say about the singers skills? Hey, it's Bon Scott! The voice that defines rock 'n' roll itself! He's got the dirtiest, rawest voice of them all, and he CD sing higher than some women! His vocals are great. If you want to make yourself an idea of how good he was at that time, 'Kicked In The Teeth' and 'Riff Raff' are the best examples I CD think of. The lyrics are, as always, pure genius. It's just real life (kicked in the teeth: Angus broke his teeth during a fight, down payment blues: Bon got himself a nice CD but now he can't pay for gas) put on paper. Bon was good at that because he was 'real' himself.

Powerage was recorded in a bit more than a week, but to me, it's the best rock 'n' roll album out there. My top 3 songs are 'Kicked In The Teeth', 'Riff Raff' and 'Gone Shooting', but they're all really great.

Gibson_SG_uzr55
    AC/DC is the best band ever. Bon is the best, Angus and Malcom have the best chemistry, and Cliff and Phil make a great back beat that is rock and roll. And to the jackass who called them heavy metal under styles of this albums sound, that is bullshit! AC/DC are nothing metal,pop,or punk. They never sold out and never will. They will always be badass hard-blues-rock -n-roll.
    LaGrange
    gibson's right about ac/dc, there not the best but all that other stuff he said is right. i dont have a favorite band so dont even ask who i think is the best. i do think that acdc, led zeppelin, the doobie brothers, and the bands like that are the best of them though.
    cutty
    dakota1211
    hm.. i guess i couldnt get into to it like most cuz this was one of the last cds by ac/dc i bought. sin city, riff, and damnation are great songs but the only ones ill take the time to listen to oh and cold hearted man. but CHM is on the european cd.
    Gibson_SG_uzr55
    cutty wrote: Angus Young is an absolute legend, Bon is the best hard blues rock-n-roll singer to ever walk the earth. MAlcolm, Phil and Cliff make up the best rhythm section known. ROCK ON AC/DC
    Dude, you sorta copied off me