Powerage review by AC/DC

• Released: Jun 19, 1978
AC/DC: Powerage

Once again Malcom Young proves he is one of the best rhythm guitarists on the planet, with riffs like Down Payment Blues, Rock n Roll Damnation and Sin city, buyers cannot possibly go wrong with buying this album, it's a cracking album. "Powerage" is a perfect example of what AC/DC can do when they put their mind to it! Angus Young, their is really only one, solos on Riff Raff Down Payment Blues and Kicked In the Teeth are excellent examples of Angus's creativity, style and technique. This album is AC/DC as a whole!

The lyrics are great, Rock N Roll Damnation are probably the best lyrics on the album, Bon sings about people who want to be successful should "Take a chance, while you've stillgot a choice". Bon Scott doesn't add any reverb to his sound on this record so he sounds like he and the band are as one.

As I said before this is a perfect AC/DC example. If it was stolen, I would pay what it took to get it back or get another one, in my opinion this is one of the best AC/DC albums and has some timeless songs on it. The lightning fast blues licks of Angus Young and the backbone rhythm of Malcom Young combine for nine songs of complete perfection. The only flaw in this album is that "Up To My Neck In You" is almost a copied riff of "High Voltage". All in all a great album.

mab0009081
    I dunno how this has only got 9/10 on the main page. This, in my opinion, is their best album.
    I am the Drake
    I've been wanting to hear this album forever. I've never heard anything bad about it so I'm assuming it's awesome just like every other AC/DC album. I'll get it one day.