Stiff Upper Lip review by AC/DC

• Released: Feb 28, 2000
AC/DC: Stiff Upper Lip

Overall I am a big fan of AC/DC's sound but I was a little disappointed to find that on this album ths sound was far more bluesy than ever before and is something I don't particularly like. However, I noticed that they seemed to be experimenting with different pick styles which I find good as it makes the music sound different although the bluesy sound is not different for the best.

I think the lyrics are good and fairly simple. I think that Brian's vocal range on this album is slightly less stretched but who can blame him with a voice as well used as his! I do think that some of the vocals on this album do not vary enough between songs and at times make the songs all sound the same which is obviously not good although overall I like the lyrics.

I think that this album is an excellent album for a 30 year old band although is not as good as there previous albums of recent years. The most impressive songs are safe in new york city and satellite blues which are both excelleng songs. What I don't like about this album however is the blues/jazz sound which lowers the quality of the album. If it were lost I would not buy it again I would just burn a new one as all the songs are on my computer but if they weren't then I doubt I would buy a new copy of this album.

big_d
    Accualy Thunder Frets ur right,BON SCOTT,ANGUS YOUNG,and MALCOM YOUNG wrote all there AC/DC songs,however when BON SCOTT died(very unfortunate)only ANGUS and MALCOM wrote there songs BRIAN writes absolutly none.BON SCOTT lives forever!!!!
    orange_juice
    angus young is a guitar god my hero
    Angus Young is NOT a guitar god lmao. AC/DC is ok but if you want good music listen to Led zeppelin or Pink Floyd
    big_d
    ok.dude,angus is the best there ever was besides randy roads led zeppelin and pink floyd are so ****ing gay,except for 1 song by led zeppelin,its called stairway to heaven.other than that the suck ur momas balls bicth!!!!!
    big_d
    so bite my shiny metal ass.oh wait ur mom does that every night,so f uck off bitch!!!!!
    Will_P
    Let me first off say that acdc is the best hard rock band ever!! The problem about this album is that it lacks the guitar power that acdc's other albums have. Almost every song on this album started out the same way they lacked the awesome rythm that songs like You Shook Me All Night Long, Back In Black,and Highway to Hell have. The best song on this album is Sattelite Blues because it had that head banging rythm.
    orange_juice
    you are seriously stupid. led zeppelin kicks ac/dc ass any day. and jimmy page was better than angus young or randy roads. so stop bein such a retard and listen to all rock. not just HARD rock. there is way better.
    aerodynamic lov
    Ok for all you peeps out there that don't know shit bout AC/DC and have been saying that Brian only wrote Back In Black's lyrics he wrote all the lyrics up until The Razor's Edge which was because he was having a hard time with divorce and shit and hasen't written lyrics since but is writting new material 4 the new album
    Rocker_94
    Sorry if this has been writen, but Brian hasn't written a song on any album since Blow Up Your Video. He's writing 'em for the next.
    suicidehummer
    Rocker_94 has got it right. I can't beleive the featured review is by someone who thinks Brian wrote the lyrics for SUL! And what surprises me even more is that someone else thought Brian wrote none of the songs! People don't give Brian enough credit! I personally prefer Brian's voice to Bon's.