Who Made Who review by AC/DC

• Released: May 24, 1986
AC/DC: Who Made Who

I can't get enough of ACDC they have such a great sound, in fact it was them who inspired me to play guitar. Unfortunatley I found that the Who Made Who album had good riffs, but I didn't feel it was as good as some of the others, I do like they album, it features the hit songs Hells Bells and You Shook Me All Night Long(from the Back In Black album)and For Those About to Rock, which I think are all great songs, I also thought that the drums to the song DT were great and original. I hear many people say ACDC's song sound the same. In fact in an interview with Angus Young, Angus said "I hear people say that we have done the same album 11 times, well they are lying, we have done the same album 12 times", of course joking. This album I feel has a slightly different stlye than some other albums, I still give the sound an eight.

I thought the lyrics were pretty good, it was just something about them that just fitted perfectly with the music, as many of you who are in a band, you know it can be hard to do that some times. As far as the singers skills go, I think Brain Johnson does very good, although there is a big difference in how Brian sings and how Bon Scott sung, Brian did a great job. He gave them a different singing style and kept the singing just as good.

This album beats most of the albums from other artists, but for ACDC albums it's not really one of my favorotes. I find all of the songs good, the only one that I do not like, is Ride On, it is not their style at all. I love that they put some songs off some other albums, such as Hells Bells, You Shook Me All Night Long, and For Those About To Rock, as I mentioned earlier. There honestley isn't much that I don't like about the album. If I lost this CD I would go by another one as soon as I could, or steal my friends (just kidding).

livewire76
    Jusamies
    livewire76 wrote: Wtf? Poor review. "Ride on" isnt AC/DC's style.. yeah, ok. "This album I feel has a slightly different stlye than some other albums" says the review. Reaaalllly? How's that then when it's mostly made up of tracks from previous albums? Did the tracks suddenly change from their previous releases? hawkdude9 goes on to say: "it kinda sucks, its all filler". Yeah? Which tracks are they then? Just saying its filler and dissing the album with no explanation as to why is no argument for the album being poor. I guess Back in black or For those about to rock is all filler to then? They would be according to hawkdude9's logic. There were only three tracks written for this album (Who Made Who, D.T. and Chase The Ace), the movie sountrack to "Maximum Overdrive", a box-office failure written and directed by Stephen King. A life long AC/DC fan he asked the band if he could use their music for the film and picked the songs he wanted to use. The band wrote the aformentioned tracks for sequences in the film. The album is a cross section of early to mid eighties acca dacca with Bon era "Ride On" thrown in. It is a movie soundtrack and was never meant as a compilation or studio album like some people seem to think. Still, it's worth getting for the three new songs alone and very much so considering the price of AC/DC back catalogue these days.
    So very true. nuff said.