Trouble Walkin' review by Ace Frehley

• Released: Oct 13, 1989
Ace Frehley: Trouble Walkin'

Ace Frehley was in this album unleashed.Great studio sound from a great musician.This album shows the best styles of rock that Ace can play:Hard Rock and Heavy Metal.The Ace Frehley's band plays very great songs which was composed by a very great musician: Ace Frehley.In my opinion this album is the best work that Ace Frehley ever did.

Starting with "Shot Full of Rock" and the lyrics "Wake up Jack get ready/Here we come to Rock this town" you must prepare for a Metal album, Ace wanna rock your mind, followed by ELO cover "Do Ya" Ace wanna put in this album some love, followed then by "Five Card Stud" and the lyrics "I was born the son of a card shark/With a deck in my hand" Ace wanna show you one of his favourite hobbies: playing cards, followed then by Kiss single cover "Hide Your Heart" Ace wanna show again some love, but he also wanna show you that he can sing KISS songs with his band, and for me he sings it better than KISS do, followed then by "Lost in Limbo" Ace wanna sing about being at a party and doing one his favourite hobbies: drugs "The party's over in the morning light/My head is spinning... /Voices I hear I can't explain/Not feeling anything, good or bad" I think these lyrics are enough, followed then by the title track "Trouble Walkin'" Ace wanna sing about you must be careful on the streets "Out on the street there's a lesson learned/You play with and you'll get burned".The singer skills are great.

About this album I think that contains the best work from Ace Frehley, and I hope that he will release next year an album full of good work as he did in this one.The most listened songs from this album are: "Do Ya" "Shot Full of Rock" that has great solos and riffs, "Hide Your Heart" that is a KISS cover and the third piece of Ace Frehley "Fractured Mirror" that in this album is titled "Fractured III".I surely love all tracks from this album, and I think that this album is very underrated, it deserves more attention for Ace Frehley good work.If I ever will lose it I surely go to a store and buy it again.

Starchild_ex4
    Zoso Juan wrote: Ace frehley seems like a decent guitar player, but he made the mistake of being in Kiss
    Kiss was something he had to do as it lined his pockets and made him world famous....but seriously...10/10? I heart Ace but this album is only decent at best. Ace gets a few bonus points for having Peter Criss and Skid Row do vocals on the album.
    Doctorfeelgood2
    i love ace frehley and have seen him 3 times in concert, not including KISS. But i hate how you say "Ace wanna sing about"
    Themaddoctor
    I saw Ace at the Astoria in London in April this year, bloody amazing show. I also own all of his albums, and I can honestly say I don't dislike any of them. This being my favorite of them all.
    jean_genie
    Don't get me wrong ... Ace Frehley is easily the best 'solo artist' KISS produced. But 10/10 is just ridiculous. If the guy can't be bothered to write more than three 'riffs' per 'guitar solo', then I really don't see him being a phenominal lyricist. I've seen him too. Good show. Worth spending the money. Not going to change your life. The record is the same. Buy it enjoy it. But if you think it's one of the 'best records ever,' then you're not listening to nearly enough music.
    StarChildSammy
    G-loony
    StarChildSammy wrote: @ jean_genie: i don't think that this album is one of the best albums ever produced.it's underrated, it deserves more attention.comparable with "Back in Black" from AC/DC that it's one of the most overrated albums ever, this one is underrated. And, BTW i listen to A LOT of music, you just don't know me.
    So ? We too listen to ALOT of music, That's prolly 90% of UG's favorite hobby (Besides Guitar) I atleast, Think you rated it higher then it's suppose to be. He's good, Album is alright... But nothing more IMO.
    Zoso Juan